Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

7 minutes ago, Geek said:

How deep are you in Steins Gate? It's not really action packed like the other stuff on your list but its a really really good show. The first 8 or 9 episode are a bit of a drag to watch though but I'd stick with it because it really picks up. If you like Erased I'd be very surprised if you don't love S;G

Some all time greats you might like:

Hunter x Hunter (best shounen of all time and its not even close)

Fate/Zero (Fate/unlimited Blade Works and Heavens Feel by extension)

Gurren Lagann

One Punch man

Berserk (read it)

Perfect Blue (If you really want a dark dark psychological thriller)

Kill La Kill (ecchi warning)

Ninja Scrolls

Neon Genesis Evangelion (I don't know where to start with this but probably the best anime ever made. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea)

Some other really good shows:

Mob Psycho (Season 2 is an all time great. Season one is just good)

MegaloBox (Same as above, season two is ******* amazing)

Odd Taxi (psychological thriller...?)

Samurai Champloo (Lo-fi samurai version of Bebop)

Black Lagoon (Micheal Bay movie in anime form, but it's actually good af)

Darker Than Black (Chinese Electric Batman)

Some Random other shows that are fantastic although idk how it'll fit your taste:

Ranking of Kings (probably one of the best shows to come out in the past 5 years)

Jobless Reincarnation (see Ranking of Kings)

Space Dandy (a comedy version of Bebop)

Made in Abyss

The Great Pretender (If you like Heist/crime movies)

Thanks for this. I guess I'll finish Steins Gate, on episode 7 and it's been really slow. 

I'll also give Jobless Reincarnation a watch, looks interesting. 

Is Hunter x Hunter really that good? I've always been turned off by what the main characters look like... 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Thanks for this. I guess I'll finish Steins Gate, on episode 7 and it's been really slow. 

I'll also give Jobless Reincarnation a watch, looks interesting. 

Is Hunter x Hunter really that good? I've always been turned off by what the main characters look like... 

Definitely keep going with S;G if your only on episode 7, it'll pick up soon.

Hunter x Hunter is probably a top 5 anime ever. i don't want to spoil anything but it definitely isn't an anime for kids or anything despite what Gon looks like if that's what your worried about. Same thing applies to Ranking of Kings, looks can be deceiving.

Another thing I'd put in the all time greats is Chainsaw Man. It fits your profile of dark shounens but unfortunately the anime isn't going to come out until late this year or early next year (or whenever AOT officially ends. Same studio). That said it's one of my all time favorites and worth finding a place to read it. So good I went out and bought all the physical copies as soon as they were available.

1 minute ago, Geek said:

Definitely keep going with S;G if your only on episode 7, it'll pick up soon.

Hunter x Hunter is probably a top 5 anime ever. i don't want to spoil anything but it definitely isn't an anime for kids or anything despite what Gon looks like if that's what your worried about. Same thing applies to Ranking of Kings, looks can be deceiving.

Another thing I'd put in the all time greats is Chainsaw Man. It fits your profile of dark shounens but unfortunately the anime isn't going to come out until late this year or early next year (or whenever AOT officially ends. Same studio). That said it's one of my all time favorites and worth finding a place to read it. So good I went out and bought all the physical copies as soon as they were available.

Do you know if Jobless Reincarnation and Hunter x Hunter dubs are on crunchyroll?

On 4/2/2022 at 4:32 PM, BayRaider said:

Any recommendations for a new anime? Been trying to get into Steins Gate but not sure it’s my cup of tea. Here are anime’s I have liked over the years:

Anime’s I love:

Dragon Ball Z

Attack on Titan

Demon Slayer 

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Jujutsu Kaisen

Death Note

Anime’s I really really like: 

Black Clover

My Hero Academia

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Erased

Dragon Ball Super

So you can kind of see my taste. Obviously I like “shonen” but I prefer a more adult/mature shonen like Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan, and Uncut Dragon Ball Z.

I heard Bleach might be up my alley but not sure I want to invest my time into that many episodes. 

I also love psychological thrillers like Death Note. 

Psycho-Pass is a great psychological thriller and one of my favorites. Tokyo Ghoul and Eighty-Six are other good ones. I enjoyed Tokyo Revengers and it has similar themes to erased.

Also agree w/ Geek for Jobless Reincarnation and Fate/Zero : Fate/Unlimited Blade Works

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Aot The Final Season Part 3 coming next year...

Honestly, can't complain. More AoT is a good thing.

I’m waiting for the last episode to drop but noticed it was only 23 minutes. So it makes sense that there’s more. I haven’t read the manga but I feel like they could have wrapped everything up by doing like a 2 hour movie instead. But who knows at this point.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

I’m waiting for the last episode to drop but noticed it was only 23 minutes. So it makes sense that there’s more. I haven’t read the manga but I feel like they could have wrapped everything up by doing like a 2 hour movie instead. But who knows at this point.

Apparently it stopped 12 chapters short of the manga. Would've preferred a movie, and waiting a year sucks but I'll take more AoT over less.

• Like 1

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 3... interesting. I just watched the final six right now. I'm assuming the final season will be only 8-9 episodes considering it's been going at a 1 to 1.5 chapter pace per episode. Which means they could of just did a movie, although it would have to be 2 1/2 hours long instead of the standard 1 hour 45 minutes for anime movies. 

Spoiler

I'm not a manga reader so I don't know what's gonna happen. I'm guessing Floch survived and probably clinged to the boat. His character is too developed to go out in such a poor way. 

As for Eren, the show clearly wants you to form your own opinion, and you can make a strong case for who's the good and bad guys in this regard. Such a thought provoking anime. I'm sure most of the forum will argue Eren is the bad guy at this point, and kind of always has been but never had the power. However, I think Eren knows Paradis Island and all the people there would be slaughtered if he doesn't do the "rumbling". There is absolutely no negotiating with Marley. Eren sees it as a necessary evil. His heart is full of rage and wants revenge, no question, but I think the main reason he is doing it is to protect Paradis Island and his friends. There life or ours, basically. And he has a point. For that reason, I'm not rooting against Eren. I'm not really rooting for anyone. This anime shows what war is... there is usually not good or bad guys, just lots of unnecessary death because two sides don't understand each other. 

I agree with Mikasa that if she gave a different answer to Eren, this might of ended up differently. Although not Mikasa's fault. If she had told him she loved him, I think that's what he needed to hear. I truly believe in his heart that he believes Mikasa is programmed to protect him, making their relationship somewhat "fake" in his eyes. 

I think how this ends is Jean will convert over to Eren's side and end up dying. Armin will form a plan of attack to kill Eren and gets the opportunity, but his love for Eren causes him to fail to pull the trigger. Mikasa then tells Eren she loves him. He comes out of his Titan to kiss her, they kiss, and she kills him with a blade to the stomach. They cry and The End. That's my theory... we'll see what happens.