Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

On 7/5/2022 at 3:22 PM, Deadpulse said:

So I watched Bastard!! on Netflix cuz I kept hearing people call it "incel anime". So I was curious what that was or if its just people being ishy about anime in general. Nah, that's some incel ish. Its fan service+. 

So far Moribito has been pretty amazing. Reminds of Miyazaki and Princess Mononoke in a way.

• 1 month later...

Just finished a 3 in 1 Yu-Gi-Oh manga and really enjoyed it, One thing that bugs me a bit Is the top of the pages are cut off a bit so sometimes the words and drawings get cut off slightly, Not that big of a deal but Is slightly annoying. I never would of thought of how dark It could be haha Who knew so many kids in high school would be beating each other up, carrying around guns, and bribe people for money. Im looking forward to snagging the next one

On 8/12/2022 at 1:47 AM, Jeezla said:

I'm seeing new uploads of Berserk, but I thought the author passed away?

Yes. Miura died last year but his best friend (who is also an award winning mangaka)  and his assistants (who he had been training to eventually take over the majority of the drawing prior to his death) have resumed Berserk in his stead. And honestly there really has been no quality drop-off. It's still really good.

• Like 2

Been reading some more manga lately. I picked up the first 4 books of That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime. Pretty solid and enjoyable. I like that it isn't just some fantasy game, but a lot of what the main character is doing is building up a society.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:01 AM, Bullet Club said:

Re-watching the Dark Tournament Arc. Crazy how creative and deep it is. It holds up.

Dark Tournament saga is my favorite in that show by far (without this saga, Yu Yu Hakusho isn’t that good), and one of my favorite sagas of any show. 

• Like 1

Just saw Dragon Ball Super Hero in Theaters. It was alright. Don’t like the 3D animation. Also Dragon Ball Super is just way to kid orientated. I miss the violence and intensity of DBZ. Basically Dragon Ball has taken the route WWE did back in the year 2002. They realize young kids are the true money makers. 

I still enjoyed it, it was “fun”, but fun and good are two different things. 

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just saw Dragon Ball Super Hero in Theaters. It was alright. Don’t like the 3D animation. Also Dragon Ball Super is just way to kid orientated. I miss the violence and intensity of DBZ. Basically Dragon Ball has taken the route WWE did back in the year 2002. They realize young kids are the true money makers. 

I still enjoyed it, it was “fun”, but fun and good are two different things. 

It's more like Dragon Ball than DBZ.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's more like Dragon Ball than DBZ.

Dragon Ball Super the show is DBZ but toned wayyyyyy down for kids. Dragon Ball GT was the DBZ/DB crossover. 

This movie in specific, yes, it was a crossover of both DBZ/DB, but more like DB. 

Edited by BayRaider