Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, Jeezla said:

Nobody else watching the new Bleach episodes?

I did. Surreal seeing new Bleach animation in 2022. Excellent 1st cour with top notch animation. Nostalgia hitting me hard watching this since it was really Bleach and Naruto that introduced me to anime in the first place. Pokemon and Dragonball Z were huge during this time and I knew about this stuff throughout high school since my cousin(same age as me, went to same high school etc) was huge into anime, I just never really watched any of it. Wasn't until I finished high school and was working one of my first jobs at a grocery store where a coworker got me into it. Had me borrow an entire DVD set with every episode of Naruto and I just binged the hell out of it during the first few months while living on my own for the first time. Immediately followed that up with Bleach which was big at the time in 2006/2007 and just continued on with it until it wrapped up whenever it was(2014 maybe?). Never thought we'd get the last arc adapted like this

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Chainsaw Man is worthy of the hype. Not perfect by any means but way better than JJK.

I can't wait until the second cour. If you think it's good now just wait. It really does become one of the GOATs in the second half.

Edited by Geek
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Contrary to those here, I thought Chainsaw Man was not worthy of the hype. It’s like a more violent mature Bungou Stray Dogs or Fire Force, but not as good as those two.

B

The only thing that bugs me about it is it's overly pervy. Some anime get away with that but CSM is one where it's awkward.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The only thing that bugs me about it is it's overly pervy. Some anime get away with that but CSM is one where it's awkward.

I agree. 

Overall, I thought the season was a decent watch but I didn’t see a lot of plus traits. The plot, characters, premise and dialogue are very middling when compared with other popular shounen/seinen series, JIMO.

If this was the first anime I’d ever seen, I’d be impressed. But I could say that about countless other anime series.

Just now, Tetsujin said:

I agree. 

Overall, I thought the season was a decent watch but I didn’t see a lot of plus traits. The plot, characters, premise and dialogue are very middling when compared with other popular shounen/seinen series, JIMO.

If this was the first anime I’d ever seen, I’d be impressed. But I could say that about countless other anime series.

I think that's going a bit far. It's only twelve episodes in and I'd probably take three of them over anything Bungo has done, and I like Bungo (Ranpo is my boy). Episode one in particular tells a beautiful story. There aren't many anime out there that I'd consider top tier based on their first twelve episodes. Attack on Titan is probably the only one.