The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Spoilers are allowed in this thread. With all serial shows, you can start discussing the episode freely once it begins airing.

Episode 2 is this Friday- be aware 

This, it is weekly episodic television. The spoiler tag still exists as well

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Good first episode. I also don't have any interest in watch an entire first season showing a Mandalorian protecting a baby even if it is green. Hopefully they steer away from that. Was hoping the streaming would be like Netflix and I could run through all the episodes this week.

For a show like this, that could have a bunch of theories, I prefer it this way. 

I'm not really sure I understand how they age. If this thing is 50 and is around ~1 human years old, then Yoda died at ~18 human years old? 

We all had questions about Yoda's aging in the movies, where he needed a cane but could channel the force to seem much younger in the prequels, and was straight decrepit by Empire. Maybe they have a weird exponential growth, where the first few human years re really stretched out and then the last few are sped up? 

36 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm not really sure I understand how they age. If this thing is 50 and is around ~1 human years old, then Yoda died at ~18 human years old? 

We all had questions about Yoda's aging in the movies, where he needed a cane but could channel the force to seem much younger in the prequels, and was straight decrepit by Empire. Maybe they have a weird exponential growth, where the first few human years re really stretched out and then the last few are sped up? 

I thought he was 50 human years old

3 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:
39 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I thought he was 50 human years old

Sorry, he is. When I say ~1 human years, I mean he looks what maybe a 1 year old human looks like. 

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Good first episode. I also don't have any interest in watch an entire first season showing a Mandalorian protecting a baby even if it is green. Hopefully they steer away from that. Was hoping the streaming would be like Netflix and I could run through all the episodes this week.

Judging from the fact that the Mandalorian took this bounty from someone in command of stormtroopers and the main antagonist is a former Imperial Moff, my guess is that the baby is going to have some sort of protection arc.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Yoda's canon birthdate is 896 Before Battle of Yavin.  So he is 899 years old at time of death.  

From this baby being 50 years old, there is a definite curve to the species at the beginning.  Another longevity species from Mass Effect, the Asari, have long lifespans but they don't age like this either.  So they still have some explaining to do. 

Personally, my big problem plot-wise is that this is a huge bounty for a being with some sort of potential.  Following the Star Wars timeline, this being was born in 42 BBY.  The Phantom Menace occurs in 32 BBY.  I have a problem believing that both Yoda and The Senate aren't trying to chase down this being themselves.  

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Personally, my big problem plot-wise is that this is a huge bounty for a being with some sort of potential.  Following the Star Wars timeline, this being was born in 42 BBY.  The Phantom Menace occurs in 32 BBY.  I have a problem believing that both Yoda and The Senate aren't trying to chase down this being themselves.  

could have already been in their protection before the fall of the Republic. In all the chaos it could have fallen into anyone's hands, probably multiple factions. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Off topic still can't believe they want to waste Ewan McGregor on a series rather then an epilogue movie like Logan. I think Obi-Wan solo movie about him watching over Luke up until his death could be fantastic. 

I mean... Isn't there potential to do more with a series than a movie though? They spent like 100 million on the first season of the mandalorian and from watching the first episode it's definitely movie quality production so I don't really see the issue. It's not like it's a small budget CW show or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

I mean... Isn't there potential to do more with a series than a movie though? They spent like 100 million on the first season of the mandalorian and from watching the first episode it's definitely movie quality production so I don't really see the issue. It's not like it's a small budget CW show or something.

If it was a movie series I would have a little more faith if it was HBO, Showtime, or something but this? Disney+?

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If it was a movie series I would have a little more faith if it was HBO, Showtime, or something but this? Disney+?

You literally have nothing to judge Disney plus on except episode one of The Madalorian which was excellent. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Off topic still can't believe they want to waste Ewan McGregor on a series rather then an epilogue movie like Logan. I think Obi-Wan solo movie about him watching over Luke up until his death could be fantastic. 

Apparently there are no movies scheduled after the Game of Thrones guys left, and I read something where Bob Iger seems to think there is a huge future market for series like these.  They are likely going to end up doing the same with Marvel.