The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

The only thing worse than her acting is her hate. Don’t let the door hit you...

Hate? One of the most approachable and nicest celebrities you could run into. She wasn't a great character but a lot of young girls and women loved her character.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Hate? One of the most approachable and nicest celebrities you could run into. She wasn't a great character but a lot of young girls and women loved her character.

Her anti-semitism and transphobia (and that's just recently) is bigotry. Bigotry is hate.

Edited by scar988
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Her anti-semitism and transphobia (and that's just recently) is bigotry. Bigotry is hate.

Lol.  She didn’t say a single anti-Semitic thing.  She made a terrible comparison of today’s political climate to how regular Germans treated Jews, but she did not say a single anti-Semitic thing.  Not one.  Period.

She said a terrible transphobic thing.  That’s a fact.  Pedro spoke with her about it, she rescinded and deleted it.

There’s no need to lie here.  The things she said are inexcusable already, but there’s no need to lie about what she said when what she said earlier was enough.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  She didn’t say a single anti-Semitic thing.  She made a terrible comparison of today’s political climate to how regular Germans treated Jews, but she did not say a single anti-Semitic thing.  Not one.  Period.

She said a terrible transphobic thing.  That’s a fact.  Pedro spoke with her about it, she rescinded and deleted it.

There’s no need to lie here.  The things she said are inexcusable already, but there’s no need to lie about what she said when what she said earlier was enough.

As someone who's Jewish, I took her comments to be very anti-semitic. So yes, she did say an anti-semitic thing. You can't tell someone who's Jewish whether something is anti-semitic or not just like you can't tell someone of color whether something is racist or not. Be better, dude.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

As someone who's Jewish, I took her comments to be very anti-semitic. So yes, she did say an anti-semitic thing. You can't tell someone who's Jewish whether something is anti-semitic or not just like you can't tell someone of color whether something is racist or not. Be better, dude.

Wasn’t anti-Semitic.

It was a poor historical comparison with zero animosity whatsoever aimed at the Jewish community.

Don’t care what that makes you think of me in all honesty.

If someone was to compare forcing homeless people out of the streets to the Trail of Tears you wouldn’t hear me calling into anti-Native American.

Using history as a comparison, whether that comparison is right or wrong, is not anti, it’s not racist, it’s nothing.

If I was to call James Buchanan a crap President, that doesn’t make me honophobic.

There was zero anti-Semitic intent.

Sorry you were offended by what she said, and I’m not defending what she said, but it wasn’t what you say it was.

Insensitive is the word you’re looking for, not anti-Semitic.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Wasn’t anti-Semitic.

It was a poor historical comparison with zero animosity whatsoever aimed at the Jewish community.

Don’t care what that makes you think of me in all honesty.

If someone was to compare forcing homeless people out of the streets to the Trail of Tears you wouldn’t hear me calling into anti-Native American.

Using history as a comparison, whether that comparison is right or wrong, is not anti, it’s not racist, it’s nothing.

If I was to call James Buchanan a crap President, that doesn’t make me honophobic.

There was zero anti-Semitic intent.

Sorry you were offended by what she said, and I’m not defending what she said, but it wasn’t what you say it was.

Insensitive is the word you’re looking for, not anti-Semitic.

The context of posts like that in the past show why it's anti-semitic. And like I said, you can't tell me, as a Jewish person, that it isn't Anti-Semitic if I'm seeing it that way. That's not how it works. I'm done here before I say something that would get me banned.

• Like 2

Just now, scar988 said:

The context of posts like that in the past show why it's anti-semitic. And like I said, you can't tell me, as a Jewish person, that it isn't Anti-Semitic if I'm seeing it that way. That's not how it works. I'm done here before I say something that would get me banned.

Trust me I’m much more likely to get banned over this than you are and at this point I just don’t care.

I’m not trying to tell you how to feel about it.  I’m arguing semantics.

Yes, it was extremely insensitive and flat wrong.  The comparison doesn’t exist.

But using the comparison wasn’t anti-Semitic.

You can’t change definitions of things because you’re offended by them.

There was zero hostility directed towards Jews in what she said.  None.  If there’s no hostility directed towards Jews, that is by definition not anti-Semitic.

She was comparing Jews to a political belief she feels empathy towards.  Your wordage is wrong and you’re using anti-Semitic when you should be using insensitive, ignorant, misinformed... Pick one.

Don’t tell me to be better when I’m not defending what she said, I’m defending the meaning of words and phrases.

Racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, transphobic... They’ve all been turned into weapons, and if you keep calling everything those words they won’t mean a thing anymore.

Note I didn’t say her earlier stuff wasn’t transphobic.  It was.  But this?  Not what you say it was.

• Like 4

Just now, MikeT14 said:

And since you're both acknowledging you're going down a path that gets you banned, let's stop now. Thanks. 

Okay but really quick before I get banned I just want to say I don’t like Gina.  She’s super attractive, but she’s dumb and she takes things too far and is literally transphobic, homophobic a conspiracy theorist, insensitive to everybody and every thing and gives every conservative a bad name.

I still stand by what I said.

I’m done now.