The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

LOVED how they made the Dark Troopers look like total bosses when Djin fought just one. Really made Luke look OP AF. I agree that the CGI looked **** but I have a feeling that was a one and done appearance for him. They probably either completely anthologize this series and focus on Boba and his underworld takeover OR that is a spinoff and they focus on Bo-Katan and Djin retaking Mandalore. 

31 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

LOVED how they made the Dark Troopers look like total bosses when Djin fought just one. Really made Luke look OP AF. I agree that the CGI looked **** but I have a feeling that was a one and done appearance for him. They probably either completely anthologize this series and focus on Boba and his underworld takeover OR that is a spinoff and they focus on Bo-Katan and Djin retaking Mandalore. 

He even got a hallway scene like his father did in rogue one.

I know a lot of this episode was fan service but I loved it. From Luke to R2 to Bib Fortuna. I also wonder if Oberyn scene influenced Djin fighting the Dark Trooper, especially the part of getting his head smashed in. Had a spear and everything.

I wonder if Bo-Katan will be a regular next season or Djin will have his own adventures. I still think Grogu is the title card of this show so I expect him to be back next season, hopefully via some sort of time jump.

Ok can someone help me with the timeline on this?  I thought the Manalorian took place after all the Star Wars movies. How are we seeing a young Luke skywalker?

Btw brilliant directing in this episode. I know some have an issue with the face reveal thing but baby yoda hasn’t seen his face and I thought it was a brilliant touch to do so. 

On a negative note I really don’t understand how the good guys didn’t anticipate Moff being with the kid. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok can someone help me with the timeline on this?  I thought the Manalorian took place after all the Star Wars movies. How are we seeing a young Luke skywalker?

Btw brilliant directing in this episode. I know some have an issue with the face reveal thing but baby yoda hasn’t seen his face and I thought it was a brilliant touch to do so. 

On a negative note I really don’t understand how the good guys didn’t anticipate Moff being with the kid. 

It takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Pretty sure you mean Rian Johnson, but since Kennedy let him do what he did, yeah, go ahead and throw her in there as well. 

I blame Kennedy for not taking the time to create a cohesive story over one vision. I don’t care for what Rian did but it might have been better if he had the whole thing. Same for JJ

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I blame Kennedy for not taking the time to create a cohesive story over one vision. I don’t care for what Rian did but it might have been better if he had the whole thing. Same for JJ

Without JJ going off the rails, you don't need to have JJ come back and do what he did.  We get to the same point, just going different ways. 

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That ending credit scene though..........not at all what I was expecting, but needless to say, I am super excited for it.  

Here is my question about that. Disney is really going to have two mandalorian shows come out December 2021? I mean I'm for it, but I'm having a few doubts.

9 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Here is my question about that. Disney is really going to have two mandalorian shows come out December 2021? I mean I'm for it, but I'm having a few doubts.

Eh, Jabba ran a crime syndicate.  Hutts are also supposed to be fat.  Bib Fortuna just got fat and lazy.  I can easily see this being a crime syndicate done with honor- see them freeing the Twi'lek chained to the dais, and competing with groups like Crimson Dawn.  

45 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Just let Filoni and Favreau run things and it’ll be a true return to glory.

Can't wait to see them bring back Obi Wan, Yoda, Padme, Ben Solo, Jabba the Hut, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru back from the dead.  LoL