The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

Watched it again with the family.  My kids were more excited to see R2D2 tbh but man it's so awesome to see Luke.  He didn't even break a sweat with those Dark Troopers.

Katee Sackoff really giving Gina Carano a run for her money for the show's worst actor.  My goodness.  

Moff Gideon just never shuts up.  Favreau uses him as his exposition crutch.  I'm sure he will talk but after he tried to kill Grogu on the bridge in front of them, he had to go.  Mando should've been the one to do it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Watched it again with the family.  My kids were more excited to see R2D2 tbh but man it's so awesome to see Luke.  He didn't even break a sweat with those Dark Troopers.

Katee Sackoff really giving Gina Carano a run for her money for the show's worst actor.  My goodness.  

Moff Gideon just never shuts up.  Favreau uses him as his exposition crutch.  I'm sure he will talk but after he tried to kill Grogu on the bridge in front of them, he had to go.  Mando should've been the one to do it.

Sackoff has really fallen from the Battlestar Galactica days.  I was extremely underwhelmed with her performance here.  Her look when Gideon was explaining that Mando couldn't just give her the lightsaber just looked like someone peed in her cheerios.  It was turrible.  

• Like 2

I kind of liked the goodbye without the helmet. I looked at it as Mando becoming more “human.” The expressions on his face were really well done. Last episode he looked like a guy who had never taken off a helmet. This episode you could see emotion in his eyes and features. I thought it was well done.

I loved every bit of that episode. I was so excited.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Pretty awesome seeing Luke kickass in his prime again but please just recast the role. The CGI was better than Tarkin and (especially) Leia in Rogue One but it still looks like a video game.  It takes you out of what is otherwise a great moment.  It’s tough to fill Mark Hamill’s shoes but that image going around of Sebastian Stan as Luke felt right.  If you’re gonna use him, do him justice and recast the role.  Great to see him and R2 tho. 

Curious to see what s3 is like and if it indeed veers away from being Lone Wolf & Cub in space.  He’s at the top of the Mandalorian food chain now with the Darksaber. Bo didn’t look too happy about it.

I’m not sure how they didn’t anticipate Gideon being with Grogu considering he was responsible for grabbing the kid. Did she really think he would just be lounging on the bridge?  Or how he thought Gideon would actually let him slide with the kid.  Would’ve been interesting to see Mando off him.  I need to watch the scene again but did Cara Dune want him alive so she could extradite him?  Isn’t she just a sheriff in that podunk town?  She’s got the facilities to hold a Moff with an army loyal to him?  She’s gotta turn him over to the New Republic but I thought she wanted to stay neutral from them. 

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Not once was I taken out of the moment. CGI Hamill is 10000% better than Stan 

• Like 1

I just watched it this morning....woah!!!

So many thoughts going through my head. Somebody on Facebook ruined the Luke thing for me so that sucks but it was someone I never thought would be into SW or sci-fi/fantasy so it tells me that Mandalorian is approaching GoT levels with its reach. 

Luke just came in there and killed those Dark Troopers like I crush a can of coke. That was badass. The CGI wasn’t bad but I could tell it was CGI and that’s not good. It takes away from the scene - which was really powerful. 

Overall, though, it was a great episode. I thought Gideon went down too easily but it is what it is. I kinda wish he had killed someone (Cara Dune plz) but I do get that there needed to conflict between Din and Bo Katan next season.

I’m intrigued were they take it from here. Din kinda stumbled his way onto the Mandalorian crow. I wonder if no BY is going to make the casuals turn away or if they’re already sucked in and they’re fans now.

The acting in the opening bar scene was horrendous. Lol They need to get rid of Cara Dune ASAP and Bo Katan and side kick are not far behind.

19 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I just watched it this morning....woah!!!

So many thoughts going through my head. Somebody on Facebook ruined the Luke thing for me so that sucks but it was someone I never thought would be into SW or sci-fi/fantasy so it tells me that Mandalorian is approaching GoT levels with its reach. 

Luke just came in there and killed those Dark Troopers like I crush a can of coke. That was badass. The CGI wasn’t bad but I could tell it was CGI and that’s not good. It takes away from the scene - which was really powerful. 

Overall, though, it was a great episode. I thought Gideon went down too easily but it is what it is. I kinda wish he had killed someone (Cara Dune plz) but I do get that there needed to conflict between Din and Bo Katan next season.

I’m intrigued were they take it from here. Din kinda stumbled his way onto the Mandalorian crow. I wonder if no BY is going to make the casuals turn away or if they’re already sucked in and they’re fans now.

The acting in the opening bar scene was horrendous. Lol They need to get rid of Cara Dune ASAP and Bo Katan and side kick are not far behind.

I love Sasha banks as a wrestler but she felt out of place in that scene