The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

Pretty awesome seeing Luke kickass in his prime again but please just recast the role. The CGI was better than Tarkin and (especially) Leia in Rogue One but it still looks like a video game.  It takes you out of what is otherwise a great moment.  It’s tough to fill Mark Hamill’s shoes but that image going around of Sebastian Stan as Luke felt right.  If you’re gonna use him, do him justice and recast the role.  Great to see him and R2 tho. 

Curious to see what s3 is like and if it indeed veers away from being Lone Wolf & Cub in space.  He’s at the top of the Mandalorian food chain now with the Darksaber. Bo didn’t look too happy about it.

I’m not sure how they didn’t anticipate Gideon being with Grogu considering he was responsible for grabbing the kid. Did she really think he would just be lounging on the bridge?  Or how he thought Gideon would actually let him slide with the kid.  Would’ve been interesting to see Mando off him.  I need to watch the scene again but did Cara Dune want him alive so she could extradite him?  Isn’t she just a sheriff in that podunk town?  She’s got the facilities to hold a Moff with an army loyal to him?  She’s gotta turn him over to the New Republic but I thought she wanted to stay neutral from them. 

Edited by thrILL!
This is the way.

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Pretty awesome seeing Luke kickass in his prime again but please just recast the role. The CGI was better than Tarkin and (especially) Leia in Rogue One but it still looks like a video game.  It takes you out of what is otherwise a great moment.  It’s tough to fill Mark Hamill’s shoes but that image going around of Sebastian Stan as Luke felt right.  If you’re gonna use him, do him justice and recast the role.  Great to see him and R2 tho. 

Curious to see what s3 is like and if it indeed veers away from being Lone Wolf & Cub in space.  He’s at the top of the Mandalorian food chain now with the Darksaber. Bo didn’t look too happy about it.

I’m not sure how they didn’t anticipate Gideon being with Grogu considering he was responsible for grabbing the kid. Did she really think he would just be lounging on the bridge?  Or how he thought Gideon would actually let him slide with the kid.  Should’ve let Mando off him.  I need to watch the scene again but did Cara Dune want him alive so she could extradite him?  Isn’t she just a sheriff in that podunk town?  She’s got the facilities to hold a Moff with an army loyal to him?  She’s gotta turn him over to the New Republic but I thought she wanted to stay neutral from them. 

I thought she was a sheriff FOR the new republic.  I took it as while she is stationed in some po-dunk town, she is essentially their representative on that planet.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I thought she was a sheriff FOR the new republic.  I took it as while she is stationed in some po-dunk town, she is essentially their representative on that planet.

Oh maybe that’s what it was. She sure sounded like she didn’t when she spoke with that X-Wing pilot.  Either way, it seems contradictory that she would take on this mission but not allowing Gideon to be killed is where she drew the line. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

Oh maybe that’s what it was. She sure sounded like she didn’t when she spoke with that X-Wing pilot.  Either way, it seems contradictory that she would take on this mission but not allowing Gideon to be killed is where she drew the line. 

She wanted to turn him over so he could be interrogated.  As a Moff, he'd have specific knowledge about what the remnants of the empire are up to, and they established that they see them as a serious threat.  It'd be like capturing a German general in the field in WW2 and just executing him instead of taking him prisoner.  We really don't know much about The New Republic.  For all we know, Gideon is on his way to being tortured.

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

She wanted to turn him over so he could be interrogated.  As a Moff, he'd have specific knowledge about what the remnants of the empire are up to, and they established that they see them as a serious threat.  It'd be like capturing a German general in the field in WW2 and just executing him instead of taking him prisoner.  We really don't know much about The New Republic.  For all we know, Gideon is on his way to being tortured.

I understand the value his information would bring.  But as a sheriff of a New Republic town that she left unattended so she could go offworld on this secret mission without permission from the New Republic, it’s not out of pocket for a former Shock trooper to co-sign killing the warlord responsible for abducting Grogu so that he could be experimented on in a lab. 

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I understand the value his information would bring.  But as a sheriff of a New Republic town that she left unattended so she could go offworld on this secret mission without permission from the New Republic, it’s not out of pocket for a former Shock trooper to co-sign killing the warlord responsible for abducting Grogu so that he could be experimented on in a lab. 

It'd be understandable if she chose to kill him, but she chose to do her duty.

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

How badass was it that Luke boarded an Imperial ship and let nothing stand in his way to find Grogu?  His confidence in his abilities as a Jedi is soaring at this point. So much fun to watch. 

Just crushing a Dark Trooper with ease was amazing. 

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Pretty awesome seeing Luke kickass in his prime again but please just recast the role. The CGI was better than Tarkin and (especially) Leia in Rogue One but it still looks like a video game.  It takes you out of what is otherwise a great moment.  It’s tough to fill Mark Hamill’s shoes but that image going around of Sebastian Stan as Luke felt right.  If you’re gonna use him, do him justice and recast the role.  Great to see him and R2 tho. . 

I get your point, and it was better than anything else they’ve had, but honestly it didn’t take me out of the moment. I was a little kid again. It was incredible. If, and I doubt it, but if they move forward with more Luke in season 3 then yes they can recast. I get it. But that moment was great as is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I get your point, and it was better than anything else they’ve had, but honestly it didn’t take me out of the moment. I was a little kid again. It was incredible. If, and I doubt it, but if they move forward with more Luke in season 3 then yes they can recast. I get it. But that moment was great as is. 

Agreed.  I felt like a little kid again watching it. I can’t wait to watch it again tonight with my own kids to see their reaction.