The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Can someone explain the bar he received being turned into the shoulder pad.

The material that is part of the bounty, beskar, is a metal from the Mandalorian homeworld of Mandalore.  It is a nearly indestructible metal that can withstand direct blaster fire, lightsaber damage, extreme temperatures and other damage.  It has an extremely high value and can be sold by the Mandalorians for profit.

In Legends, Mandalorians took trophies from their foes and as bounties, and as such, their armor became a patchwork affair.  My very educated guess here is that this is much the same, but acquiring beskar means that they split the metal within their family or guild- part of it is turned into a piece of armor for them, the rest going to fund whatever they need it for- they are intimating it's for kids.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also I am beyond shocked at the ending of the episode.  That was something that George Lucas told anyone involved in the expanded universe that anything to do with that was forbidden.  To throw that into the first episode of this show is certainly a bold move and will get people talking.  

Well I mean... Lucas has no power over anything star wars anymore.

18 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also I am beyond shocked at the ending of the episode.  That was something that George Lucas told anyone involved in the expanded universe that anything to do with that was forbidden.  To throw that into the first episode of this show is certainly a bold move and will get people talking.  

I thought it was just that character's backstory and origins that were off limits.

Plus we don't know where this is going. Might not really learn anything.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I thought it was just that character's backstory and origins that were off limits.

Plus we don't know where this is going. Might not really learn anything.

Origins and backstory meant something like this by default, at least in my opinion.  

Before the Phantom Menace, the writers in the EU could reference the Clone Wars in general, but nothing specific as he didn't want anyone to write much about it.  You couldn't even mention the specifics of said character's backstory, origins, etc.  Nothing.  Even after stuff was being released from TPM and on through the Clone Wars TV show. 

Good first episode. I also don't have any interest in watch an entire first season showing a Mandalorian protecting a baby even if it is green. Hopefully they steer away from that. Was hoping the streaming would be like Netflix and I could run through all the episodes this week.