Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can't fathom a situation when building this roster that I wouldn't rather have Randall than Kizer, even with the picks and salary included. 

I can, very easily in fact. One such scenario would be Kizer turning into a very solid backup QB, perhaps even startable one day, whether its here or after being flipped for a higher return. Another easy to imagine scenario would be those pick swaps meaning adding better players than GB would've gotten in the middle of those rounds. And yet another scenario would be those picks at the beginning of rounds 4 and 5 providing the ammunition needed to make other important moves.

That wasn't hard at all. The inability to "fathom" ways this could work out is extremely obtuse.

4 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

So according to the draft pick value chart, the picks we received from Cleveland equal 155. The picks we traded to Cleveland equal 109. A differance of 46, which equals a late 4th round pick. I think everyone might be overlooking the draft pick swap. 

I think its more to the fact that its a 4 and 5th rounder and  kizer rather than a 1st or 2nd

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

So according to the draft pick value chart, the picks we received from Cleveland equal 155. The picks we traded to Cleveland equal 109. A differance of 46, which equals a late 4th round pick. I think everyone might be overlooking the draft pick swap. 

So we got a 4th and a guy who was a 2nd rounder last year?

So we got a 2 and 4 essentially? That's like Peters value.

Is www.gutegoat.com taken? May have to buy that one.

Just now, Ketchup said:

Can we get a third year also rookie corner with 10 career interceptions, 2 in the playoffs, and 2 touchdowns in his career with a late 4th round pick this year?  Impossible. 

Everybody saying we knew we didn't want to re-sign him so we traded him... No sense there.  We had Randall this year plus the fifth year option next year and a franchise tag if necessary.  Re-signing him was not a concern. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Moves can be judged independently from the entire offseason. 

I can't fathom a situation when building this roster that I wouldn't rather have Randall than Kizer, even with the picks and salary included. 

Randall is nothing special and was routinely torched on a game to game basis. Also a whiny ***** when told to grow up. Good riddance.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Randall was a 1st.
Kizer was a second.

30th overall versus 52nd overall. 

Anybody who buys gutegoat.com is not very smart. 

So didn't the Browns traded their 4th round pick to the Dolphins for Jarvis Landry?

Our 4th round picks are 114 and 133. The Browns 4th round pick is 123.

Did we trde back from 114 to 123, or trade up from 133 to 123?

The 5th round pick is just Browns (138) to Packers (150).

Just now, WaitWhat said:

Moves can be judged independently from the entire offseason. 

Agree 100%. I'm just trying to find the value for us and the reasoning behind the move because on the face of it, I hate it and do not understand it. 

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

WE TRADED A STARTING CB FOR A BACKUP QB GUYS.

Just stahp.

Yeah he is only 22 and will have time to sit behind an aging Rodgers. And as much as we would like to assume Rodgers will play as long as Brady (Pat's will probably regret trading Jimmy g) there is no guarantee that happens. Let it play out at least, there is no way we could into the season with only Kevin King lol 

14 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

People will say QB guru McCarthy will sort him out. Is McCarthy really a QB guru anymore?

I don't perfectly understand this. Maybe hundley just couldn't be good no matter with who.

6 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

It seems that way in the media, I have my doubts.

This is the conclusion I was coming to last year.  My initial reaction is this a bad move, and it's a move MM wanted.  

All the trading is fascinating though.  If higher roster turnover is becoming a new trend in the NFL, it also means that playbooks will need to stay simpler and more adaptable.  

Just now, WaitWhat said:

Randall is nothing special and was routinely torched on a game to game basis. Also a whiny ***** when told to grow up. Good riddance.

Name a single player in our secondary who wasn't routinely torched the past three years. 

Then name a single player other than Randall who has had 10 interceptions for us over the past three years. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Citation needed on the draft pick chart value math. 

123 (49) for 133(39.5) and 138 (37) for 150 (31.4)

I'm counting 15.5 points. That's middle of the 6th round by the chart.

Disclaimer: The Chart is garbage. 

Archived