Free Agency 2018 || Redskins Re-Signings

e16bball

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Same with DRC and Wilkerson who they were both targeting.  So they seem to be targeting players that won’t impact the comp picks.

I’d love to sign DRC to be our starter opposite Norman and as our slot corner or Honeybadger as our 3rd S - possibly starting FS - and slot corner.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:42 PM, RSkinGM said:

I've always been a closet Trent Murphy fan.  I saw blip somewhere today that S F is after him.. Have a feeling he's gone . I doubt we'll overpay and they might!

You know me, I’ve always been out of the closet on Murphy. He’s just a good football player. He’s not elite at anything but good at everything. We probably think we drafted his replacement with Anderson last year - and need to find out if we did sooner rather than later - and there has to be concerns with Murphy returning from a torn ACL and MCL.

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

What's up you guys !? No love for re-signing Brian Quick. ?? He wasn't bad in 2016. I'm glad we have him for some experienced depth.  

Mostly because he didn't have a lot of opportunities to be bad lol 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

What's up you guys !? No love for re-signing Brian Quick. ?? He wasn't bad in 2016. I'm glad we have him for some experienced depth.  

Sort of "meh" on it. On one hand, he helps bolster a somewhat depleted wide receiver corps (and probably does it cheaply). On the other hand, is he anything more than just a body in there?

Incidentally, OTC's current projection for Niles Paul would be as 6th round compensation.

Keep in mind that we're not guaranteed to get all of these. If someone above Paul (or Murphy or Breeland) signs a richer AAV contract, everyone gets bumped down a spot in terms of where the value lines up.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

It’s good because he’s experienced depth but that’s just it as Woz said. He’s a decent depth signing, hopefully he is only our #4 or 5 wr all year (if Harris beats him out) and we don’t have to rely on him to start.

He certainly has more natural talent than Ryan Grant but Quick has just never put it all together and hasn’t been as consistent as Grant was for us last year.

Put it this way, if Quick had to, I’m fairly certain he could replace what Grant gave us and even be a little more explosive than Grant.

46 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

How complicated is Jay's scheme to pick up for youngsters and newcomers, would y'all say? 

Idk.  RG3 could never grasp it but he was a terrible QB.  Cousins thrived in in but he got to sit awhile before he had to play.  I think most WRs have a tough adjustment to the NFL, I don't think Gruden's system would be any harder for them.  

Archived