Free Agency 2018 || Redskins Re-Signings

e16bball

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s your opinion. Obviously I don’t share it. End of discussion.

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Quality backups are worth more money than minimum contracts.  McClain and McGee aren’t quality backups.

I can't see keeping BOTH on, considering their 4+ mil cap cost. Not as quality backups. which I'd imagine you are justified to suggest they are that much, t28. 

19 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Edited

What do you guys imagine the DL head-count would total for your 53 man roster?  6 or 7 max ? doubt 8 huh?

7 max, most likely 6 but that all depends on who they sign/draft and the quality depth at other positions

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

7 max, most likely 6 but that all depends on who they sign/draft and the quality depth at other positions

Right, ok. 

Seems a stretch for me to imagine them carrying two backup DL (quality backup or not) that are combining to cost Washington about 9 mil of their cap room. If I read this right, they could cut Mcgee and save 4 mil by labeling him that post June cut. (or McClain for 3.4 mil)

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

So a C player who’s played some games as a B player is not a quality back up?

A JAG to me is a guy who’s usually a C player but will have a few games a year where they play at a B, maybe even an A level. That same guy is also a serviceable starter or quality back to me.

McClain had good games against KC & Seattle last year. He was starting to play better and then sadly he injured his toe and missed the last month of the season which was a blessing in disguise because Lanier took over his role and broke out the last month of the season.

McGee had the pass break up vs Philly which allowed Kerrigan to intercept it and take it to the house. He was in on 44 run stops on the year, that’s what he’s paid to do. He’s not going to make a lot of flashy pass rushing plays - neither is McClain - but they are high motor guys and it’s hard to move McGee because he’s 340 pounds and athletic/quick for his size.

If you really feel McGee and McClain played that well I have no idea what games you were watching last year.  

Again, you been posting in several threads all offseason that these two needed to be cut.  It’s like you ran out of people to argue with so now you’ve begun arguing with yourself.

Dude both McClain and Mcgee are terrible. This is one of those ones I don't even think it's being negative, it's just a fact. Both are fringe roster guys who are inexplicably making starter type money. They're clearly not that great a rush defenders because our rush defense gave up more yards than anyone else in the league!

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you really feel McGee and McClain played that well I have no idea what games you were watching last year.  

Again, you been posting in several threads all offseason that these two needed to be cut.  It’s like you ran out of people to argue with so now you’ve begun arguing with yourself.

That’s not what I said If we signed a true NT like Hankins or Logan that one of them will probably be cut. I’ve also suggested they could be cut to make room for Brown if his deal was more expensive or one of the higher priced wrs etc. Suggesting one of them could be cut to make room for a top FA isn’t me saying cut them right now. I’d only cut one of them or both to make room for someone better like Hankins or Logan. I’m not interested in hurting depth for no reason when we don’t have cap issues. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not what I said If we signed a true NT like Hankins or Logan that one of them will probably be cut. I’ve also suggested they could be cut to make room for Brown if his deal was more expensive or one of the higher priced wrs etc. Suggesting one of them could be cut to make room for a top FA isn’t me saying cut them right now. I’d only cut one of them or both to make room for someone better like Hankins or Logan. I’m not interested in hurting depth for no reason when we don’t have cap issues. 

Cutting McGee and McClain isn’t hurting depth.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Cutting McGee and McClain isn’t hurting depth.

We’ve been over this, I disagree. My belief is any player who can rotate in and is at least a C player is good depth. The bandwagon can disagree all they want, it’s not changing my opinion.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’ve been over this, I disagree. My belief is any player who can rotate in and is at least a C player is good depth. The bandwagon can disagree all they want, it’s not changing my opinion.

We can get that level of play from two guys we can pay $800k each.  Instead McClain and McGee are costing us $10 Mil in cap space.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We can get that level of play from two guys we can pay $800k each.  Instead McClain and McGee are costing us $10 Mil in cap space.

You keep saying this, and it’s not impossible, but it’s not a given either. Again, the Perfect example again is Kendall Reyes being kept over Paea because Joe Barry knew him from San Diego. Reyes was here for two weeks in 2016 and cut in favor of the 35-yr old Jenkins who wasn’t really any better. 

Archived