Jaguars sign All-Pro OG Andrew Norwell, 5 yrs 66.5M, 30M gtd

.Buzz

I obviously have way more faith in Cam than Kalil, but the amount of gifs I've seen of Norwell recognizing Kalil got beat and peeling back to pick up the block is incredibly encouraging as Cam continues to develop.

4 hours ago, VLoo said:

I obviously have way more faith in Cam than Kalil, but the amount of gifs I've seen of Norwell recognizing Kalil got beat and peeling back to pick up the block is incredibly encouraging as Cam continues to develop.

Still think the best bet for the Jags is just move Cam inside to guard and find a different answer at LT. Cam could be an incredible guard, but his footwork is just awful as a tackle. If I'm the Jags and I'm really doubling down on smashmouth football on offense/let the defense carry you, going all out and getting Solder too instead of overpaying for guys like Moncrief, Hayden and ASJ for an o-line of Solder-Norwell-Linder-Robinson-Parnell would have been an ideal move. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to figure out how to beat that o-line. Letting Fournette pound it up the middle with that interior trio would make my mouth water if I'm Tom Coughlin.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Still think the best bet for the Jags is just move Cam inside to guard and find a different answer at LT. Cam could be an incredible guard, but his footwork is just awful as a tackle. If I'm the Jags and I'm really doubling down on smashmouth football on offense/let the defense carry you, going all out and getting Solder too instead of overpaying for guys like Moncrief, Hayden and ASJ for an o-line of Solder-Norwell-Linder-Robinson-Parnell would have been an ideal move. I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to figure out how to beat that o-line. Letting Fournette pound it up the middle with that interior trio would make my mouth water if I'm Tom Coughlin.

Idk, i think Cam is still young and can be our guy

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk, i think Cam is still young and can be our guy

He has the same issues now that he had in college, which as I mentioned is footwork related. His kickstep is among the worst I've ever seen from a potential first round OT prospect, and that problem is only compounded by the fact that he has an awful recovery as well. I said leading up to the draft he should be looked at as nothing but an OG prospect(and I had him as a first round OG prospect/best OG in that draft). His power is absolutely insane and moving inside mostly mitigates that footwork issue. It was a safe pick by the Jags(or whoever would have drafted him) from the sense that if he does continue to fail at LT he can just be moved inside, but I think after seeing his failures continue from college in to his rookie season with little to no improvement shown now is probably the time to just go ahead and move him inside.

It's PFF so take it with a grain(or pound) of salt, but he was their 2nd worst rated offensive tackle last year.

JPWTgq0.png

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Ehh, he's very young and showed loads of upside last year, especially prior to his leg injury. He battled through it and still got the job done. I'm very hopeful for him at LT 

Also, 10M, 4.5M gtd over 2 years was overpaying for ASJ?

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Ehh, he's very young and showed loads of upside last year, especially prior to his leg injury. He battled through it and still got the job done. I'm very hopeful for him at LT 

Also, 10M, 4.5M gtd over 2 years was overpaying for ASJ?

He's coming off arguably his best season as a pro and only had 357 yards, 7.1 ypc and 3 TDs. So yeah I'd probably put that under overpaid. Not like a huge break the bank move, but I wouldn't pay him much above vet minimum if I were a GM(but there's a reason I'm not, eh?).

He's only gonna be 26 this year so maybe something still gets made of him, but not much to celebrate so far in his career.

I don't understand what's up with the mass overpaying of mediocre(or worse) receiving threats this off-season. Not just the Jags with Moncrief and ASJ, but you see it with the Ravens trying to give Grant $29 mil(though he failed his physical and that fell through), Richardson getting 40 mil, etc. The WR position is no where near that valuable in this league, and unless you've got someone truly special(Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, etc) I dunno why you'd pay much at all for one, but someone convinced NFL GMs that they were I guess.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

He's coming off arguably his best season as a pro and only had 357 yards, 7.1 ypc and 3 TDs. So yeah I'd probably put that under overpaid. Not like a huge break the bank move, but I wouldn't pay him much above vet minimum if I were a GM(but there's a reason I'm not, eh?).

He's only gonna be 26 this year so maybe something still gets made of him, but not much to celebrate so far in his career.

I don't understand what's up with the mass overpaying of mediocre(or worse) receiving threats this off-season. Not just the Jags with Moncrief and ASJ, but you see it with the Ravens trying to give Grant $29 mil(though he failed his physical and that fell through), Richardson getting 40 mil, etc. The WR position is no where near that valuable in this league, and unless you've got someone truly special(Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, etc) I dunno why you'd pay much at all for one, but someone convinced NFL GMs that they were I guess.

Look at 80 percent of TE's around the league. Most aren't like Kelce, Delanie, etc. Generally not a position that puts out huge numbers.

Not to mention he's really young with upside. Last year was his first year since getting sober.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:46 PM, iPwn said:

That’s how you build an OL to smack teams in the mouth.

Now go get Hernandez to complete this behemoth of a group.

No thanks on Hernandez.  He's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy to short.  He'd completely ruin the height consistency thing.

Maybe get Braden Smith, or go up and try to get Connor Williams imo.

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

No thanks on Hernandez.  He's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy to short.  He'd completely ruin the height consistency thing.

Maybe get Braden Smith, or go up and try to get Connor Williams imo.

williams doesnt weigh enough as he checked in at a touch below 300. go get Chukwuma Okorafor T/G Western Michigan. big dude who should be a rt or  a guard. 

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

williams doesnt weigh enough as he checked in at a touch below 300. go get Chukwuma Okorafor T/G Western Michigan. big dude who should be a rt or  a guard. 

Don't care.  Want to keep 6'6" uniform line intact.  Only thing that matters now.

Archived