The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

9 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/jeff-okudah-ohio-state-football

This is a good one. Gonna miss this kid!! Definitely will be rooting for him in the future

Okudah is a solid dude. Is quality of a guy as he is football player. He is going to make an NFL organization really happy.

Some really big hits in that 2020 recruiting class. The five stars lived up to the hype. Chase Young, Okudah, Wade, Wyatt Davis, Browning. That’s three likely first round picks just this season and a couple pretty high picks probably next year when Davis/Browning come out (assuming Wade heads off this year). Then you have guys like Josh Myers, Dobbins, Munford, and Werner. Crazy to think that those blue chip guys never played in the national championship game, but that’s how it shakes out sometimes I guess. Hopefully with some new starters next season, the 2018 class starts getting a chance to live up to the hype also though I can’t see it looking anything like the 2017 one. 

31 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah, again, I'm not buying it just yet but there's not much to discuss so here we are lol.

Definitely hope it happens but I didn't realize he's not visited. That makes me more leery about the integrity of this claim. Probably just blowing smoke.

He visited on an unofficial a while back but has an official visit scheduled I believe next weekend. He also has a couple other visit scheduled down south. This doesn’t really make sense and seems like a huge longshot.

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He visited on an unofficial a while back but has an official visit scheduled I believe next weekend. He also has a couple other visit scheduled down south. This doesn’t really make sense and seems like a huge longshot.

I followed him because I hoped FSU could get involved but he is likely deciding between OSU and LSU. He visits OSU, LSU and GT.

Although if Zachary Evans gets out of his LOI, this could complicate things.

Edited by SBLIII

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

What I'd like is for a legion of OSU fans to attend the national title game, and chant "the ACC is trash" throughout the game, along with sprinkles of "Clemson is overrated"

What good would that do? Regardless of the circumstances, Ohio State lost to Clemson. Everybody knows how it went down, etc. That would make Ohio State fans look pretty pathetic, going to a game they aren’t playing in to put it out there. Yes, the ACC is trash, but everybody already knows that and everybody also knows that Ohio State is no longer in it.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Thank whatever that Wade is staying!! Likelihood he'll move to CB?? We need big help there. Reip was very underwhelming and has Banks even played?

Wade will play outside corner. Had a chance to go first round this year; I imagine if he stays healthy though he could go top 15 next season. Big hole avoided with Wade staying. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Wade will play outside corner. Had a chance to go first round this year; I imagine if he stays healthy though he could go top 15 next season. Big hole avoided with Wade staying. 

I assumed he would also bc we have high profiled safeties waiting. This is excellent news. I didn't see him as a first now but I'm 100% he will be after next season.

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Thank whatever that Wade is staying!! Likelihood he'll move to CB?? We need big help there. Reip was very underwhelming and has Banks even played?

Wade was always a CB, this will help him moving forward having playing the same spot (slot corner) Denzel Ward played when we had Lattimore and Conley

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

This was a championship caliber team, but Ohio State might even be better next season. 2021 might have a little more transition.

TBH, I definitely believe we will be championship caliber but being better? I may convince myself later but its hard to say better when you lose eventual All-Time greats like Young, Okudah, and Dobbins, and not to mention great program guys like Davon Hamilton and Robert Landers.