The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Slightly off-topic, but this does add to the need in the defensive backfield. Riep was going to be the starter at slot corner. 

As much as I loathe Reip, he was going to be a starter. He can get hit by a bus now though regardless, what you said is absolutely true. This makes Wade coming back even more pivotal. Hoping one of these young cats can step in

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Some transfer portal names:

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

Only name I like is Nigel Knott

I didn't realize there were so many people still out there. I'm fairly naive so can someone tell me how this works? How long does anyone have to sign these kids? Do scholarships matter or are they considered walk-ons?

On 2/12/2020 at 7:43 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I didn't realize there were so many people still out there. I'm fairly naive so can someone tell me how this works? How long does anyone have to sign these kids? Do scholarships matter or are they considered walk-ons?

When it comes to transferring, there is no time limit. You just hope they can get enrolled by the time spring ball starts. Really if their is a cut off date, it’s prolly more so admissions based for the said school you are going too. Guys are prolly waiting to see where some guys go and what spots open up so they can figure out if they can get a scholarship or not. If you declare this early to transfer, you prolly want to get to the new school before spring ball. with so many spring semesters already started, they can’t really do anything now. Not being in an offseason program and being in a spring ball program is only going to hurt the player. 

• Like 1

The basketball team is really hard to figure out. Ken pomeroy has them ranked as the 9th best team. We are ranked 25th again.

https://kenpom.com/

They just struggle badly versus teams with a dynamic scorer. A good hypothetical example would be a team like Georgia. Anthony Edwards would straight murder us. However, we could stop a team like Kansas or at least compete well.

The Wesson bro’s turn it over a crap ton too.

We shoot the 3 well and defend the 3 incredibly well.

Edited by candyman93

11 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Teague out the rest of spring practice with an Achilles injury. The rumor floating around before it was officially announced was that it was season ending, so... that's some unfortunate news. 

Already not very good at that position. Hopefully good line help and one of these young kids can help negate that! Bad news to start the season.

1 hour ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Teague out the rest of spring practice with an Achilles injury. The rumor floating around before it was officially announced was that it was season ending, so... that's some unfortunate news. 

It is unfortunate news but with how great our OL is going to be, it's just another chance for another back to make a name for themselves 

It’s kind of an unknown at this point how bad his injury actually is. Especially with how confidential they are now with injuries.  It is the achilles though. I’ve read sprain, which would be good news, but who knows.  Either way, yeah they are hurting for bodies at the position right now. Marcus Crowley should be back after spring ball, he now has an even bigger chance to really take a hold of the position. Can’t really afford any more injuries at running back though.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

It’s kind of an unknown at this point how bad his injury actually is. Especially with how confidential they are now with injuries.  It is the achilles though. I’ve read sprain, which would be good news, but who knows.  Either way, yeah they are hurting for bodies at the position right now. Marcus Crowley should be back after spring ball, he now has an even bigger chance to really take a hold of the position. Can’t really afford any more injuries at running back though.

Can you even sprain an Achilles? Seems like a stupid question, but I was always under the assumption it usually was a partial rupture (or full) and that was it.

I think realistically the best case scenario here is looking at how Borland and Hilliard recovered from their spring football Achilles injuries. Borland somehow was ready to start at the beginning of the season but clearly didn't seem to be even close to 100%, and it took Hilliard about half of the football season just to get out there for 10-15 snaps a game. 

Day literally said yesterday "we're one injury away (at RB) from being in a bit of a crisis situation at that position. 

12 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Can you even sprain an Achilles? Seems like a stupid question, but I was always under the assumption it usually was a partial rupture (or full) and that was it.

I think realistically the best case scenario here is looking at how Borland and Hilliard recovered from their spring football Achilles injuries. Borland somehow was ready to start at the beginning of the season but clearly didn't seem to be even close to 100%, and it took Hilliard about half of the football season just to get out there for 10-15 snaps a game. 

Day literally said yesterday "we're one injury away (at RB) from being in a bit of a crisis situation at that position. 

Yeah, I don’t really know the medical side are usually assume with an Achilles injury it’s a rupture. Just what I read. Strain, actually. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a rupture though. If Borland is what we are looking at, he has been garbage ever since he came back. He might have been bad before his injury too though. This will certainly be a setback. There would be a silver lining if this meant more work for Marcus Crowley, but he is out for the spring also. 

We have Oregon with two of the football season and beyond that, we should handle everyone up into the mid season Road game at Happy Valley. Somehow that always ends up being a midseason night game on the road and a noon game when we play them at home. But I digress. 

We definitely need a couple effective healthy back’s, mid season though. Crowley should be fine as long as he doesn’t have any setbacks. And we will see what happens with Teague. Regardless, I expect the office to run through Justin fields, more similar to our 2018 offense with Dwayne Haskins than what we saw last year when we had JK Dobbins.