The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Basketball related hot take:

I think the winner of OSU vs Sparty on Sunday will win the national championship. They’re both incredibly strong teams peaking right now. Especially if Liddell keeps it up and they keep getting to the free throw line like they have.

Edited by candyman93

56 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I thought I saw that we needed an open scholarship to grab someone from the portal. Did I make that up? If so, we don't have one, right?

They're currently at 85 right now not including Seibert, who is going to greyshirt the last I heard. 

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-football-cancels-2020-spring-game-amid-COVID-19-outbreak-144904483/

No spring game and no recruiting visits until April 20, at the minimum. I imagine there will probably be a domino of programs that follow suit. If not, this is a real disadvantage. The NCAA should probably just make the next month a dead period at this point and eliminate the July dead period. That would make too much sense though.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-football-cancels-2020-spring-game-amid-COVID-19-outbreak-144904483/

No spring game and no recruiting visits until April 20, at the minimum. I imagine there will probably be a domino of programs that follow suit. If not, this is a real disadvantage. The NCAA should probably just make the next month a dead period at this point and eliminate the July dead period. That would make too much sense though.

Kids won’t want to take visits during this and most parents won’t let them.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, everyone else is going to get in line and it's going to be a good look that Ohio State was one of the first to do this.

I was upset initially then thought about it more and came to this conclusion as well. If anything, it should put the patents a little more at ease since their kids will be going to this school and they took initiative.