The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Haven't really paid too much attention to them as of late but a Big XII DC doesn't really inspire a ton of confidence lol. 

Anyone else have more insight into him?

Well when the big12 is all about offense and he leads his unit to a top3 defense in yards and top5 in TDs given up, and 8th in points given up, that defense was special. 

Oklahoma State’s 2021 defense ranks sixth in the nation in yards allowed per rushing attempt (2.74), 14th nationally in yards allowed per passing attempt (6.26) and second in opposing third-down conversion percentage (25.8%), an area in which Ohio State has consistently struggled this season. The Cowboys also lead the nation in both tackles for loss (113) and sacks (54)

• Like 2

So traditionally we’ve relied on our pass rushers getting home and not running a complex defense. 

Jim Knowles is very aggressive which will be boom or bust.

3:30 is a breakdown

This is kind of like when we transitioned from Urban to Day. Under Urban we could just out talent teams, but we have to out scheme them now.

Edited by candyman93

Knowles uses the jack linebacker role so I imagine that becomes a thing here also. Will be interesting to see who plays that role. That linebacker unit has lacked the explosive blitzer since Baron Browning left. 

Also sounds like Sonny Styles is probably going to end up reclassifying into the 2022 class but it won’t be decided until the summer. He just turned 17 years old though, so if it does happen, hopefully he uses that you’re too just transition his body for the college game and doesn’t have unrealistic, Quinn Ewers type of self expectation showing up a week before game 1. 

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This reclassification thing is kind of annoying. I get why the kids are doing it but I'm not a fan.

Yeah, I get it but I’m also not a fan of it.

It looks like Styles is officially joining the 2022 recruiting class now and will sign next week. 

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Looks like we only got a single surprise decomit today, and no surprise signs

there are still 3 or 4 the Buckeyes are in on that will commit during the various games…

hopefully they get a DL a DB and an OL somewhere, wether it be portal or a HS kid

Who was the surprise decommit?

3 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

hopefully they get a DL a DB and an OL somewhere, wether it be portal or a HS kid

I heard we're in the top 3 with FSU and LSU for the top portal OL available, a 6'5" 320 lb Miles Frazier who started as a freshman for Florida International and looked real good apparently

Country’s No. 1 transfer portal O-lineman includes Ohio State in Top 3 (247sports.com)

• Like 2