The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't keep the team from making big plays when it needs to.

The problem is Kyle McCord is not a guy we can really trust back there right now. Not just him not making big plays, but he is pretty immobile and robotic, which has led to some lack of escapability and fumbles on top of some interceptions. With a bad offensive line, it’s a perfect storm. If they just give him time and he is remotely accurate, they have so many weapons. And obviously the best in the country with Marvin.

Henderson looked awesome last night, definitely a difference maker when healthy. Unfortunately, the OL is still not good. On the occasions that they actually made a hole and got to the second level, he is super explosive. Most of the time though the running backs still get hit near the line of scrimmage. This team is an offensive line away from being a Championship contender. Unfortunately that’s kind of a big element.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think we will win the national championship. We’ve had so many better teams that didn’t win.

This is such a weird “non-dominant and forgettable” OSU team that will win because football is weird.

I'd buy that. 

• Like 3

The 2019 season had 3 championship caliber elite teams that were all better than anyone this season. No real dominant teams this year (UM is a huge unknown with things right now). I’d say several teams could win it this year but all have their own question marks. OSUs is McCord and the OL.

On 11/1/2023 at 6:39 AM, candyman93 said:

I think we will win the national championship. We’ve had so many better teams that didn’t win.

This is such a weird “non-dominant and forgettable” OSU team that will win because football is weird.

Reminds me of the Krenzel team that won a championship. I hope we have the same results. 

MC

• Like 1

Everything going on, it’s wild to think Jim Tressell lost his job over players getting tattoos as a benefit. I got kind of tired of watching him run the program with the predictable and conservative offense he ran, and it flatlined at a certain point, but he was a great guy. My friend who played for him couldn’t say enough good things about him.  It’s wild how different programs handle things. 

• Like 1