The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Definitely disagree here. Kyle has his flaws but arm talent isn't one. It's weird how much we don't see it though. He's certainly more than capable to throw hard passes like he did against ND. I think the OL definitely has him a little panicked with how much pressure they've allowed. 

I think Kyle could be great but he's certainly yet to show a complete game for us yet. Maybe he's just saving it for later lol

Lol I'm hoping so because man we missed out on a lot of QB talent that left the room because of Stroud and it's still 2 years until Air Noland gets here

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lol I'm hoping so because man we missed out on a lot of QB talent that left the room because of Stroud and it's still 2 years until Air Noland gets here

Yeah, we've been spoiled the last 5 years with our QB play. Kyle is looking like your average guy with above average traits. I'm not giving up on Lincoln either. Word was he looked solid as a freshman in the spring and hopefully the year of experience helps. Kid is an excellent athlete so he has that in his tool box as well. 

Let's hope these next two games allow for Kyle to put it together, everyone to get healthy, and give Michigan our best shot. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This is crazy. Really wish we could get this kid going in the first half of games. Maybe he just thrives under pressure?

I mean, clearly the script to start out games needs work too. Kyle started 11 of 11 today. 

This team pulls away when the talent and depth chart shows, which is an indictment of coaching and game planning IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, clearly the script to start out games needs work too. Kyle started 11 of 11 today. 

This team pulls away when the talent and depth chart shows, which is an indictment of coaching and game planning IMO.

Kyle had one of his best games today, IMO. That INT was really his only blemish. Yeah, he didn't have any sexy passes but he was putting the ball where it needed to be and taking what was given. Our games have been competitive in the second halves so at least he's still playing better when it's necessary. He's just not what we're used to seeing and while I wish he was better, let's hope he gets into a groove these next two games before we go up north

He’s not an athlete back there. Which is fine if you can recognize a defense and make decisive throws. He and a shaky protection is a bad recipe. He doesn’t recognize it and he doesn’t make quick and accurate decisions. If it comes to him having to scramble, he is already in serious trouble.
I hope they get there but right now I struggle to see OSU hang with an elite team. Only real recipe is if the defense plays elite and it’s a low scoring game. Which as good as they’ve been most of the year on defense, those elite teams put up points against anyone. 
Far as yesterday goes, I give their defense somewhat a pass considering they were missing 3/4 of their starting DBs and the offense and a rogue fake punt put them in a bad spot. They allowed way more yards then they should have but still gave up just 16 points. Not their best day though. Offense is a bigger question mark.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s a travesty that we didn’t win a Natty with CJ and Marvin last year.

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

To be fair, our game was for all intents and purposes the national championship game 

A Natty? 

You never won your division, your conference or a playoff game. You snuck into the playoff as the last seed. Lost to the #2 seed on your home field by 22 points.  But sure de facto national championship 

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

A Natty? 

You never won your division, your conference or a playoff game. You snuck into the playoff as the last seed. Lost to the #2 seed on your home field by 22 points.  But sure de facto national championship 

Dude you’re talking to a Georgia fan.

You’re just trolling at this point. Past your bedtime bub.

• Like 2