The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Even Pryor entered the portal. Really wanted him to get his shot bc he looked great as a recruit. Definitely Dallan's job moving forward and I'm good with that. He's been patient and looks every bit of the part.

Day said he expects a lot of departures in the portal but said he expects us to be active. Also said the QB competition is seemingly alive unless it was just coach speak

So with the bowl game being against Missouri, I'm assuming most of our players who plan on entering the draft will sit out unless they feel like they need to increase their stock, so I'm wondering how some of the younger players perform with bigger roles.  Especially someone like Tate who showed glimpses during the year but with MHJ and Ebuka likely sitting out with projected 1st round draft grades, he'll get a lot more opportunities to shine, just like MHJ did when Wilson and Olave sat out.

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Also said the QB competition is seemingly alive unless it was just coach speak

Apparently not just coach speak, lol.  Either we bring in a transfer or Noland is going to get a shot to start right away.  Not sure how confident I am in the guys that couldn't beat out McCord.  In fairness to Keinholz, he was a true freshman.

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Apparently not just coach speak, lol.  Either we bring in a transfer or Noland is going to get a shot to start right away.  Not sure how confident I am in the guys that couldn't beat out McCord.  In fairness to Keinholz, he was a true freshman.

I'm guessing Brown stays now and would be the lead guy going in. Maybe him and Lincoln split time against Mizz? Air won't be ready right away so don't expect him. A lot of fans want Moore to come in which I'm not expecting him to but he was close to committing (if reports are true) and he'd only be a couple hours from home.

This **** is crazy though

21 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Never been to Jerryworld. Maybe it's time to go

Cowboys stadium is dope highly recommend 

I just went to sofi yesterday though and that place is on another level. Best stadium/arena I’ve ever been to easily. So if you get the chance definitely hit that up

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Cowboys stadium is dope highly recommend 

I just went to sofi yesterday though and that place is on another level. Best stadium/arena I’ve ever been to easily. So if you get the chance definitely hit that up

I have a friend that lives in Dallas also so a free place to stay doesn't hurt either. With the roster adjustments we're seeing, I might just wait though lol. SoFi is definitely up there as well but I'm reluctant to give California any of my money

• Like 1

Chip Trayanum hopped into the portal. I’m in the minority here, but I thought he was terrible this past season. That’s three running backs who have left now. All signs point towards Treveyon Henderson returning for a fourth season. Otherwise it does not make sense for some of these kids to have left. They need to add something upfront and have an identity of running the football and throwing it to Henderson. The offensive line and quarterback obviously needs figured out, and I might be jumping the gun and running back but it seems to be where things are heading.

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Trey and Hayden as a 1, 2 is sick.

The fact we didn't get a RB in last year's class is concerning for depth but as of now, we have 3 coming in next year although it looks like Lyle will be leaving if the rumors are true. 

Im more interested as to why Henderson will be coming back. I feel like if he declares he would tear up the combine and potentially be a 1st rounder and if he stays another season all its going to do is drop his stock because hes a senior RB.

Especially with his entire offense essentially gone with McCord/MHJ/Egbuka/Stover. Its him and a bunch of young cats.

sidenote: Hayden has to be pissed. He never transfered and waited his turn to be the lead back and then Henderson decides to come back for his senior year lol I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he transfered as well just to get a lead back role somewhere for his junior year.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im more interested as to why Henderson will be coming back. I feel like if he declares he would tear up the combine and potentially be a 1st rounder and if he stays another season all its going to do is drop his stock because hes a senior RB.

Especially with his entire offense essentially gone with McCord/MHJ/Egbuka/Stover. Its him and a bunch of young cats.

sidenote: Hayden has to be pissed. He never transfered and waited his turn to be the lead back and then Henderson decides to come back for his senior year lol I honestly wouldnt be surprised if he transfered as well just to get a lead back role somewhere for his junior year.

I really hope (assuming Trey comes back) that they use them both almost equally if not something like 60/40. It would keep both healthy and both are dynamic backs. It is very surprising Trey would think about coming back assuming the shelf life of RBs is so short. Maybe NIL? I agree he'd be a first, high second b/c he will test out very well and he can catch as well. Really his only issue is he gets dinged up quite a bit.

Rumors are flying around about the coaching staff and changes that could be made.

What I've read:

Parker Fleming is likely gone and Laurinitis will be promoted to full time coach allowing him to actually recruit. That would be huge. Coach Kee will take our Fleming's duties.

Coach Dennis will not be getting a new contract and either JT Barrett or Kenny Guiton will be coming in to fill that role.

Just rumors as of now but I like seeing this.

Wouldn't mind seeing a replacement for Coach Mick as well. 

Sounds like Marv really wants to come back as well. Says money isn't a factor and he wants to beat Michigan and win a B1G championship. I'm not going to get my hopes up but damn, this would be something else. Obviously he has a ton of money and comes from a ton of money so that not being a factor for him shouldn't be a surprise

• Like 1