Redskins will be signing Paul Richardson

49erurtaza

Need to see final guaranteed $ but AAV wise same as Albert Wilson.   ?

Given the potential to break out give me Richardson by a mile on talent / ceiling (I get different roles but long term talent /ceiling give a greater chance for FA deals to work out).    

Too bad it’s Alex Smith though.   Vertical passer who’s not afraid to let him win 50-50 balls would have been an even better fit.  

1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

This is what you call not building your offense around your QB

Well, we need a burner. HUGE void in our offense last year. It seems to me like, if healthy (big IF), he compliments the rest of our skill players pretty well. Doctson is our Redzone/move the sticks guy. Crowder mans the slot and eats up the inside of the field. Richardson is our vertical guy.

Just because Alex Smith is a big gunslinger, doesn't mean he can't benefit from having a deep threat. Helps open up the field for Crowder, Reed, Doctson and Chris Thompson, right? 

18 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Well, we need a burner. HUGE void in our offense last year. It seems to me like, if healthy (big IF), he compliments the rest of our skill players pretty well. Doctson is our Redzone/move the sticks guy. Crowder mans the slot and eats up the inside of the field. Richardson is our vertical guy.

Just because Alex Smith is a big gunslinger, doesn't mean he can't benefit from having a deep threat. Helps open up the field for Crowder, Reed, Doctson and Chris Thompson, right? 

Do you think he'll ever top 44/703/6?

Just now, chris00cm said:

Do you think he'll ever top 44/703/6?

I think you'd have to ask Seahawk fans about that. I think injuries and durability are a huge concern, which is why I'm not a huge fan of this deal. But he is an ascending player and Jay Gruden is a very pass happy coach. Gruden's offense spreads the ball around so I don't know if those numbers really matter but I think he has a good shot of topping those numbers with a bigger role in a pass happy offense. Its more about him fitting into a role than the physical numbers. 

49 minutes ago, SoS said:

I’m excited to see what PRich can do in an offense that doesn’t limit his abilities so much.

Quite a bit of money and wouldn’t have made sense for us to match, but I can see him ascending out of our system similar to Golden Tate. 

Great speed, good route runner, and amazing ability to high point the football with quietly some of the best hands in the league. 

lol bro, Alex Smith is his QB now. He will limit Richardson's abilities.

1 minute ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I think you'd have to ask Seahawk fans about that. I think injuries and durability are a huge concern, which is why I'm not a huge fan of this deal. But he is an ascending player and Jay Gruden is a very pass happy coach. Gruden's offense spreads the ball around so I don't know if those numbers really matter but I think he has a good shot of topping those numbers with a bigger role in a pass happy offense. Its more about him fitting into a role than the physical numbers. 

That's my problem with the deal. I don't see it happening. At that money rate, you could've got a higher impact player.

So, I have mixed feelings about this. 

On the one hand, Washington's offense utilizes a deep threat and they clearly weren't the same offense without it.  He's a good complement to Doctson and Crowder. 

On the other hand, Alex Smith.  Now Alex Smith showed an ability to air it out early in the season to everyone's surprise but as time wore on, I saw less and less of that from him in 2017. 

Just now, chris00cm said:

That's my problem with the deal. I don't see it happening. At that money rate, you could've got a higher impact player.

Well, Albert Wilson received $8m a year as well. I personally like Richardson and his potential over Wilson. We needed a speedy receiver. I would've gone after Taylor Gabriel for cheap and not overpay but didn't go that route. I don't love the Richardson deal but I do like the fit in offense. I would've rather overpaid for Robinson but I think the Bears were all in on him. Other options would've been Donte Moncrif (most risky than Richardson) or drafting a WR high and we have a lot of needs on Defense to worry about and WR is too much of a luxury need. 

What an idiotic signing. The guy had 44/703/6 as a career year. He had 51 catches for 599 yards and 2 touchdowns his previous THREE seasons COMBINED.

One of those mindboggling signings that looks bad initially (to everyone but those morons in the front office) and then in 2 years is one of those cuts made because the player didn't play up to expectations... it's amazing how often this sort of thing happens in the NFL. It's like a fraternity where the majority of the members are morons, but because they are all in the group together they suffer from a severe case of ignorance to the realities of life.

10 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  Why would the Redskins bother at WR?  They just signed Alex Smith. 

Richardson especially, doesn't seem like at all an Alex Smith type receiver to me.  

You've gotta know what you've got, what you're trying to do, and put in place the pieces to actually work together to accomplish it.  Which...i'm not sure Richardson really fits.

Archived