Y. Adam Shaheen [70 targets]

Flex. Trey Burton [60 targets]

RB [102]

1. Jordan Howard [32 targets]

2. Tarik Cohen [70 targets]

527 targets-33 passes a game

On 3/13/2018 at 12:19 PM, WindyCity said:

If he makes it to week 1.

They are not going to rely on White for anything. His health has screwed them for 3 straight years and made Pace look like an idiot every year for relying on him.

White will not be starting, he will not be in the top 3 WRs even if healthy by the time the season roles around. He will be injured or he will once again prove that he is not that good and is still super raw in year 4.

Whether he makes it through a full season or not if he EARNS a #2 role until at which time he may get hurt then what’s the problem with it? EARN being the key word. We are actually insulated against injury this year with legitimate depth after the signings. If he earns a shot to play then he does, and if not then not. We aren’t forced to play any Bellamys or McBrides if he doesn’t earn a shot anymore. You talk about him as though you want him to continue to get hurt. At this point he’s just another guy competing for reps. 

On 3/13/2018 at 6:41 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Ik they like Eric Kush a lot.  Id say that Davenport, Landry, Ward (ugh), Jackson are likely picks.

Here’s a video of Kush power cleaning 401.5 lbs a couple days ago. Several videos of him training with Cam Meredith. I think there’s a good bet he’s our starting LG next season. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricKush64/status/974441821966348288/video/1

My guess right now though is it’s between Denzel Ward and Marcus Davenport.

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

Here’s a video of Kush power cleaning 401.5 lbs a couple days ago. Several videos of him training with Cam Meredith. I think there’s a good bet he’s our starting LG next season. 

I think it's Edmunds my man

If Kevin White is relied upon to contribute, then something catastrophic has happened to multiple WRs. Fans shouldn't worry about him. Any contribution he makes is gravy.

In fact, while there's nothing to lose by taking him to training camp, i don't even know if he sticks. If we were to pencil in a depth chart today, AR/Cam Meredith/Gabriel would be the top three and the WR4/5 spots would likely go to White and Bellamy. Now, I know that there's major disdain for special teams on this forum, and the prevailing thought is that the better position player should always be kept over the better special teamer with zero exceptions. BUT, I'd like to present this insane, bizarre new idea that WR4 and WR5 probably have to play on special teams units, and is Kevin White really going to be out there covering kickoffs?

On 3/13/2018 at 9:52 PM, WindyCity said:

My guess

WR [295]

1. Allen Robinson [130 targets]

2. Taylor Gabriel [60 targets]

Slot. Cam Meredith [80 targets]

Misc: 25 targets

TE [130]

RB [102]

I'm pretty sure Gabriel is going to be used in the slot where he was most effective and adds a deeper threat with his speed(hence turbo) and more versatility(end-round off the PA) than Meredith does. In 2016, with Cam, we lost that deep threat when Jeffery decided to take his talents to Philly who accounted for over about 50% of PA attempts past the 20 yard line(although he was only 4-23 this past year). Gabriel was used as a gadget player in the Falcons offense and had even higher efficiency rating when lined up in the slot that Julio Jones was.

Furthermore, we can expect much more 12 personal lineups than last year where Mitch was much better(efficient wise). Not including sacks, in the 11-personal (most widely used) Mitch had a 5.6 YPA with a 35% success rate vs 12-personal 9.6YPA and 50% succes rate. 

Meredith being labeled strictly as a slot is false. He is just another player that has shown flashes in various parts and adds versatility to the offense much like Cohen....and now Gabriel and Burton.

9 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Whitehair moved to OG and Kush to play C...he has two years worth of knowledge of this offence from his time with Nagy in KC and that could be really important.

On 14/03/2018 at 1:52 AM, WindyCity said:

My guess

WR [295]

1. Allen Robinson [130 targets]

2. Taylor Gabriel [60 targets]

Slot. Cam Meredith [80 targets]

Misc: 25 targets

TE [130]

RB [102]

I would expect to see Burton get the 2nd most targets on the team behind Robinson looking at the way KC used Kelce and also what was said during his press conference.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Whitehair moved to OG and Kush to play C...he has two years worth of knowledge of this offence from his time with Nagy in KC and that could be really important.

Good point you could be right. Kush clearly looks to be in the best shape of his career. Not only that, he’s in grad school right now for exercise science specializing in injury prevention. Pretty cool huh? Seems like a Pace/Nagy Guy through and through.

9 hours ago, G08 said:

I think it's Edmunds my man

Very well could be. I just have a really hard time invisioning Pace selecting an off-ball LB at 8 overall. Marcus Davenport has every single trait he’s shown to look for in a pass rusher as well as a top 10 pick. 

Ive said all along though, I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if Pace jumped Tampa to 6 overall if BChubb slipped that far. Leonard Floyd scenario 2.0. Floyd/Chubb/Lynch/Acho/Houston would all of a sudden turn a weakness into a potential NFL best.

6 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Very well could be. I just have a really hard time invisioning Pace selecting an off-ball LB at 8 overall. Marcus Davenport has every single trait he’s shown to look for in a pass rusher as well as a top 10 pick. 

Ive said all along though, I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if Pace jumped Tampa to 6 overall if BChubb slipped that far. Leonard Floyd scenario 2.0. Floyd/Chubb/Lynch/Acho/Houston would all of a sudden turn a weakness into a potential NFL best.

To me, it boils down to who Fangio likes the most for his defense. God-willing, it seems like he might be here a while so let him have a vested say in picking the groceries. I think Edmunds' versatility will be something that Fangio will love, and really it will allow Floyd to just focus on rushing the passer (assuming Edmunds picks up coverage responsibilities quickly). It makes too much sense in my head.

Just now, G08 said:

To me, it boils down to who Fangio likes the most for his defense. God-willing, it seems like he might be here a while so let him have a vested say in picking the groceries. I think Edmunds' versatility will be something that Fangio will love, and really it will allow Floyd to just focus on rushing the passer (assuming Edmunds picks up coverage responsibilities quickly). It makes too much sense in my head.

Given how much say it seems Vic/Nagy have had in the personal decisions in FA I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Vic gets his choice at a defender. I just wouldn’t expect Edmunds to come in here and be a pass rusher, he’s a raw MLB with extreme upside through and through. 

Where do you have Fitz in this whole thing? He seems to be the one guy no one is considering.

31 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Given how much say it seems Vic/Nagy have had in the personal decisions in FA I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Vic gets his choice at a defender. I just wouldn’t expect Edmunds to come in here and be a pass rusher, he’s a raw MLB with extreme upside through and through. 

Where do you have Fitz in this whole thing? He seems to be the one guy no one is considering.

I honestly don't see why Fangio can't use Edmunds exactly how he used Aldon Smith his rookie year. Just tell him to go get the QB in clear pass rushing situations. As the kid gets more comfortable with the defense, you can start to drop him into coverage, slide him out onto a slot WR, etc.

RE: Fitz... I like the kid. If we draft him I'd start him at nickel immediately (coverage, blitzing, etc) and over time move him all over the field.

Archived