Sign in to follow this  
KingTitan

Titans to sign Malcolm Butler-CB

So this is the guy we over pay for? I wasn’t thrilled with Ryan last year not thrilled with Butler this year is what it is though 

Decent point here.

If we get the 15/16 version of him, this could be a huge success.

Butler/Adoree/Ryan/Sims/T.Smith isn't a bad CB group at all

Probably more than I thought he would get, but I’m happy with it. Knocks out one major need. If they play near their potential, Butler/Adoree/Ryan is a solid trio.

Honestly knee jerk reaction...I hate how much we paid 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Honestly knee jerk reaction...I hate how much we paid 

He'll be around the 15th highest paid CB once rookies get new deals/extensions/FA cbs get paid in the next few years.

I think another thing people keep forgetting year after year is the cap keeps going up and up, and has no signs of slowing down. Player's values increase every year because the cap increases.

$12.5 million per year is about the going rate for a cornerback with his resume. It is a big deal. But gives us a good to great starter. We needed that in the secondary. 

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Ryan did his part:

Dion Lewis next???

Didn't Gilmore get about the same amount last year coming off an awful season with Buffalo? I think the money is right. He had a down year he's not an awful player. If he had repeated 2016 he probably gets 14.5

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Didn't Gilmore get about the same amount last year coming off an awful season with Buffalo? I think the money is right. He had a down year he's not an awful player. If he had repeated 2016 he probably gets 14.5

He got more. 65 over 5 with 31 guaranteed.

I like it. Don't really care about the money since I'm not paying him but we gave Ryan 10Mil per year last year so Butler at 12.2 isn't bad. I would also imagine like most of our biggest money deals the last few years most of the money is in the first 2-3 years. which is good come time to extend Adoree or Ryan in a few years.

Posted in the guy of the guy thread earlier, even more appropriate now I suppose:

Butler coverage and grades(if you care for PFF's grades)

TJGLOht.png

ed8zbrB.png