Packers Sign DE Mo Wilkerson

Gopackgonerd

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

^^^I really hate the argument of, "These guys get paid millions, they don't have to live in Green Bay..."

The preseason starts in August.  The regular season lasts until January.  That's not counting training camp and OTAs.  Yeah, they can afford a second house.  They're still living in Green Bay half the year.  Reggie McKenzie literally said that there were a bunch of players who didn't want to go to Green Bay.  There is more evidence to suggest it's right than there is evidence to suggest it's wrong.  "Pretty laughable to use it as an excuse..." Tell that to McKenzie because that's literally what he did. 

then i'm laughing at reggie mckenzie

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

^^^I really hate the argument of, "These guys get paid millions, they don't have to live in Green Bay..."

The preseason starts in August.  The regular season lasts until January.  That's not counting training camp and OTAs.  Yeah, they can afford a second house.  They're still living in Green Bay half the year.  Reggie McKenzie literally said that there were a bunch of players who didn't want to go to Green Bay.  There is more evidence to suggest it's right than there is evidence to suggest it's wrong.  "Pretty laughable to use it as an excuse..." Tell that to McKenzie because that's literally what he did. 

I hate arguments too 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Then why did Reggie White, Charles Woodson, Julius Peppers, Jimmy Graham and Muhammad Wilkerson come here?

Packers offered the most money to White.  Woodson DIDN'T want to come here.  Find a big name free agent under 27 years old who signed with the Packers. 

I don't know why I'm the one on the defensive when...

"There are just a lot of guys we've talked to through the years that didn't want to be in Green Bay," McKenzie said. "For whatever reason, they didn't want to be there. We've tried negotiating, done what we can. But if a guy doesn't want to be there, what can you do?"

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Packers offered the most money to White.  Woodson DIDN'T want to come here.  Find a big name free agent under 27 years old who signed with the Packers. 

"There are just a lot of guys we've talked to through the years that didn't want to be in Green Bay," McKenzie said. "For whatever reason, they didn't want to be there. We've tried negotiating, done what we can. But if a guy doesn't want to be there, what can you do?"

LIS I think that's a clear cover for his boss.

Gute is proving it is.

but yet magically graham and wilkerson signed here day 1 of FA once ted left. 

what a miracle.

no one's denying there's players who don't want to sign here, but it's like take responsibility for things. not "ahhh yea, about FA, we didn't sign any because no one wanted to be here. sorry bout that"

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know how anyone could want to be in GB if they are young, want money, and like to have fun. To be completely truthful, if I go back twenty years and I'm fortunate enough to be in the NFL, I'm choosing either coast. 

So like I've said all along, if you pay a FA, they'll come to GB?

I think the "well guys don't want to come to GB excuse we hear a lot from former guys here is to keep from saying "Ted doesn't actively use FA" and the controversy that would start. It's an easy and plausible answer, but I don't buy it.

Absolutely a guy will come to GB if you back up the Brinks truck. 

But you're putting two polar opposing arguments on the table and telling me to pick one. 

I think it's perfectly believable to think that in Green Bay you're paying a premium to lure a guy here, and Thompson didn't want to "overpay" to bring guys here. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Absolutely a guy will come to GB if you back up the Brinks truck. 

But you're putting two polar opposing arguments on the table and telling me to pick one. 

I think it's perfectly believable to think that in Green Bay you're paying a premium to lure a guy here, and Thompson didn't want to "overpay" to bring guys here. 

Except we didn't overpay Graham or Wilkerson, nor Peppers.

There's plenty of FAs that want to win championships. 

8 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

but yet magically graham and wilkerson signed here day 1 of FA once ted left. 

what a miracle.

no one's denying there's players who don't want to sign here, but it's like take responsibility for things. not "ahhh yea, about FA, we didn't sign any because no one wanted to be here. sorry bout that"

Did we have a better cap situation than most years? Like really didn't have anyone we NEEDED back and had some money to burn, probably didn't hurt any either.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Except we didn't overpay Graham or Wilkerson, nor Peppers.

There's plenty of FAs that want to win championships. 

I might be on crack, but I swore you led the "make Peppers take a paycut" train for a while.

Wilk deal is awesome. Graham I think might be a tiny tick high. But it's on the line.

Graham wanted to play with Arod but all accounts.Wilkerson wanted back with MP.

Sometimes that **** helps too.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Did we have a better cap situation than most years? Like really didn't have anyone we NEEDED back and had some money to burn, probably didn't hurt any either.

I'm not 100% sure, not a cap guy, but there were situations where we didn't need to bring our own guys back, imo. 

for example, i was never a fan of re-signing cobb. you can easily say that was a luxury signing more than a SOL-if-we-lose-him signing. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I might be on crack, but I swore you led the "make Peppers take a paycut" train for a while.

We backloaded his final year. Everyone wanted to do the same thing as we want to do with Clay now. Add a year or two to his deal and spread out the pay.

We backloaded his final year. Everyone wanted to do the same thing as we want to do with Clay now. Add a year or two to his deal and spread out the pay.

IIRC the last two years were pretty high.

Archived