2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

How about Julian Nagelsmann? He wouldn't go to West Ham but it's to your point 

I think it's just that a club like West Ham doesn't need to play with the Moyes' of the world. Nagelsmann would certainly be interesting. It's just that West Ham has always been a young club. We're known for our Academy, why in God's name would David freaking Moyes make sense when we're getting ready for guys like Declan Rice, Josh Cullen, Toni Martinez, among others to take over. 

Now taking a deep breath here, Moyes just needs to keep us in the Prem and hopefully we let him walk and go get someone young and new. The issue there is that if we let him walk, the board is going to look for another retread like Mancini, but we just need someone that matches the spirit of the club. And maybe with the move to London Stadium that is a guy like Mancini, but to hell with it. 

Just for the love of God Moyes keep us in the Prem, we don't even have a poor roster. Nothing about this club makes sense

On 06/11/2017 at 10:16 AM, Kip Smithers said:

Gotta love Mourinho, says that a draw would've been a fair result and that United created many chances. Come on man, give credit when the bigger teams are better lol.

when Lukaku doesn't have a single touch in the opposing box that should tell you something.

He's such a clown. He said the game was even apart from the goal. I don't understand why he can't be honest? 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

He's such a clown. He said the game was even apart from the goal. I don't understand why he can't be honest? 

I think Mourinho is a very smart man and he's calculated. Against Huddersfield he had no problem giving them credit and said they deserved to win. I think that he knows by conceding Huddersfield were better nobody will think that Huddersfield are actually better and people will chalk it up to just one of those days.  Whereas if he admits any of his rivals were the better team he thinks that it will come across that United arent as good and that his rivals are better. And of course he doesn't wanna admit that.

2 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

which phrase?  the one beginning with Y?  You are aware that it's the spurs fans who call themselves that?

Yes very aware. And to be honest if any Spurs fans were on here using it I would remove it.  

Thing is this is an open forum, to guests and members and having it in black and white is not good for the site, there's no telling who it may or may not offend. In the same way as any of our African American member won't use the N word around here even though the might in their personal life. 

Happy to discuss in a PM. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think Mourinho is a very smart man and he's calculated. Against Huddersfield he had no problem giving them credit and said they deserved to win. I think that he knows by conceding Huddersfield were better nobody will think that Huddersfield are actually better and people will chalk it up to just one of those days.  Whereas if he admits any of his rivals were the better team he thinks that it will come across that United arent as good and that his rivals are better. And of course he doesn't wanna admit that.

It's not smart though as absolutely everybody sees straight through it. 

16 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I think it's just that a club like West Ham doesn't need to play with the Moyes' of the world. Nagelsmann would certainly be interesting. It's just that West Ham has always been a young club. We're known for our Academy, why in God's name would David freaking Moyes make sense when we're getting ready for guys like Declan Rice, Josh Cullen, Toni Martinez, among others to take over. 

Now taking a deep breath here, Moyes just needs to keep us in the Prem and hopefully we let him walk and go get someone young and new. The issue there is that if we let him walk, the board is going to look for another retread like Mancini, but we just need someone that matches the spirit of the club. And maybe with the move to London Stadium that is a guy like Mancini, but to hell with it. 

Just for the love of God Moyes keep us in the Prem, we don't even have a poor roster. Nothing about this club makes sense

Was Moyes not the fourth choice or something? Depending on the source, West Ham spoke to three other managers before settling on Moyes. Interestingly, the only one currently at another club was Benitez.

I get the sense that a six month deal for Moyes gets him in the shop window and gets him another job. I can then see Benitez or even Rodgers taking over at the end of the season.

All Moyes has to do is keep them up. Easier said than done.

2 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Was Moyes not the fourth choice or something? Depending on the source, West Ham spoke to three other managers before settling on Moyes. Interestingly, the only one currently at another club was Benitez.

I get the sense that a six month deal for Moyes gets him in the shop window and gets him another job. I can then see Benitez or even Rodgers taking over at the end of the season.

Yeah that's a huge if for me. West Ham are in serious danger. I think there squad is good enough but the Moyes selection is a major concern.

3 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Everything I read was that Moyes was their #1 target then when the word got out that he was the #1 target, there was serious fan blow back. The fan blow back caused West Ham to contact Koeman and Hiddink but went with Moyes anyways. 

I would be stunned if Moyes was a Hammer for over six months

5 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Everything I read was that Moyes was their #1 target then when the word got out that he was the #1 target, there was serious fan blow back. The fan blow back caused West Ham to contact Koeman and Hiddink but went with Moyes anyways. 

I’ve heard everything between Moyes was their number 1 target to they spoke to Ancelotti, Benitez and Pellegrini first. 

The Olympic stadium move is progressively looking like a worse decision every day. It was a good idea from a business perspective, but it assumed that there wouldn’t be any drop off in performance despite playing in a completely different atmosphere and on a substantially bigger pitch.

Upton Park always seemed like a difficult place to go, the fans were right on top of the pitch and the pitch was relatively small. Now they’re on a bigger pitch, the lack of speed in the defence is exposed and since the fans are miles away from the action, they can’t replicate the same atmosphere as at the old ground. 

Moyes has got a huge job on his hands winning the support over and getting some results quickly. I think he’s a likeable guy, but he doesn’t come across as being very passionate. He’s also failed at his last three jobs, though he was never going to succeed at United post Fergie and he was never going to succeed at Sunderland given how poorly run they apparently are.

We’ll see what happens, but right now it feels like a very uninspired choice.

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah that's a huge if for me. West Ham are in serious danger. I think there squad is good enough but the Moyes selection is a major concern.

Jim White is the biggest Moyes advocate I’ve ever heard. If you believe White, this is a “tremendous appointment”.

Time will tell I guess. 

8 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

If West Ham contacted Koeman just because of fan reaction... That man needs 6 months off. 

I don't think it's a terrible appointment in theory, they clearly needed a change, they have plenty of talent, they just need to wise up defensively and play simple football. I think there are enough poorer sides and the promoted sides will come down to earth, for West Ham to be OK. 

Archived