Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

So, we tried. I'm okay with that. 20m in year one is actually a decision the bears have to make. 

Sucks we didn't get him but not as bad as it looked 15 minutes ago 

Cash flows are irrelevant, it's guarantees and cap hits that matter.

Just now, Ketchup said:

So now what? I guess bring House back and hope for the best in the draft. That plus go real hard after TM to help add a play maker in the secondary, even if it’s not a boundary CB. 

At this point I'm hoping for a trade before the draft. 

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

Except Cash Flow doesn't mean anything

Cap Hits are what matters. 

18 million guaranteed (assuming it's a signing bonus) is a 4.5 million cap hit distributed per year.

If that 18 million is all signing bonus and the cash flow is 20, that means his cap hit in year 1 is 6.5 million.

If his first yer cap hit is 6.5 million, this deal went from confusing to idiotic.  

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

So now what? I guess bring House back and hope for the best in the draft. That plus go real hard after TM to help add a play maker in the secondary, even if it’s not a boundary CB. 

This is what I'm hoping for. At this point, no CB left is going to make the impact Badger would. Sell the farm for him and use whatever scraps are left to sign a CB or two on small deals. Then draft. 

We've got 29.5 million in cap.

Realistically we're looking at:

5 million for Wilkerson

10 million for Graham

2.5 million for the draft.

That means we've got 12 million left.

Got to figure you roll over at least 4 million. (Thompson was rolling over 8)

That means you're looking at 8 million left, probably less.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

We've got 29.5 million in cap.

Realistically we're looking at:

5 million for Wilkerson

10 million for Graham

2.5 million for the draft.

That means we've got 12 million left.

Got to figure you roll over at least 4 million. (Thompson was rolling over 8)

That means you're looking at 8 million left, probably less.

Rodgers extension is getting done before August so the draft and rollover is irrelevant. We've got about 20 to spend.

14 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Idk... looking at the details they have to eat 20 million year one. That's a chunk of change for one year. 

Most of that $20 M is SB.   All teams have cash on hand for SB and other big signing expenditures.  The cap hit is likely way less than the $20M.

GB was not in a very good position to front load a contract offer for Fuller without having to do some significant cuts/restructures or other moves on their own cap situation.  GB is... if anything...fiscally responsible for their own cap situation.   It was a worth a shot, but as I noted earlier, was a very low % play.  

GB is on to the next available CB on the market (that is not dealing with a foot laceration or AARP membership dues)

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I hope you're right and I hope we don't screw ourselves in the future trying to buy space this year. 

The only "screwing" IMO would be to not take advantage of the relief you can get this year. Why pass the better chance to build a roster to non prime Rodgers 5 years from now vs giving prime Rodgers the best possible roster?

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I actually bet someone that if we take Cobb round one I'd do it. Because I loved Randall. But he went 64 so I got out of it lol. I wasn't gonna do it on my *** though lol but still. Ted tattoo would be a riot.

Also I just got drunk in like 90 minutes.

Who wants to go to AA with me

Why are we going to the American Airlines terminal?

Archived