Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clearly. There also wasn't a bomb in an auditorium. 

The point being we flubbed this situation from beginning to end.

The ONLY brightside here is that the Bears put us out of our misery and signed Fuller immediately. 

So you're done using absurd analogies? 

Fuller turned down one offer already. The bears were out to let Fuller find out the hard way he wasnt worth that money long term. If no one would have signed Fuller to a decent offere sheet he would have worked out a long term deal worth for much less. The Bears and Fuller were very far apart in negotiations they came to an agreement to transition tagged. The Bears told Fuller were going to match any offer but you'll be surprised its not for how much you're thinking. Green Bay definitely drove that long term deal up.

It helping the Bears is pretty far down my list of worries. If they knew we wouldn't get held hostage and it even had a 10% chance of working it was worth the shot. I still don't understand why they didn't screw us over a bit. Could another team have come in and driven up the price if they waited 5 days?

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The only two people who are being realistic at all have to use boats and bombs to explain why we're not doing so well so far this offseason. 

Anybody who would say this has been a good offseason so far either doesn't understand that any positive to our passing game adding Graham is negated by having only King/Rollins at CB and losing Jordy. 

Achilies tear recovery time is thought to be 11 months to return to play. He tore that thing in the middle of October. 

Rollins most likely doesn't get a training camp and could even miss the first month of real games.

Guys generally don't bounce back from that injury very well and it's not like Rollins had a lot of ground to slide back. 

2 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

It helping the Bears is pretty far down my list of worries. If they knew we wouldn't get held hostage and it even had a 10% chance of working it was worth the shot. I still don't understand why they didn't screw us over a bit. Could another team have come in and driven up the price if they waited 5 days?

Nope, we were locked in once Fuller signed the offer sheet. 

Honestly there may very well have been a discussion between the two teams. The Packers would offer him a deal that wasn't insane, and in exchange if the Bears were going to sign the offer sheet, they would do it in 24 hours. 

Minimizes the potential damage to both sides.

I've heard of that happening between teams before, especially in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Achilies tear recovery time is thought to be 11 months to return to play. He tore that thing in the middle of October. 

Rollins most likely doesn't get a training camp and could even miss the first month of real games.

Guys generally don't bounce back from that injury very well and it's not like Rollins had a lot of ground to slide back. 

Good post. I'm not thinking Rollins is on the active roster (at all) - or that he'll be put on the PUP and we'll see the ravages afterwards.

Remember the teams got the Xrays. They know severity we dont (or I dont at least....) -- but Rollins wasnt a speed merchant beforehand - so prospects are challenging IMO.

4 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

So you're done using absurd analogies? 

Fuller turned down one offer already. The bears were out to let Fuller find out the hard way he wasnt worth that money long term. If no one would have signed Fuller to a decent offere sheet he would have worked out a long term deal worth for much less. The Bears and Fuller were very far apart in negotiations they came to an agreement to transition tagged. The Bears told Fuller were going to match any offer but you'll be surprised its not for how much you're thinking. Green Bay definitely drove that long term deal up.

Would you like a different analogy of somebody trying to help and ending up hurting the situation?

The Bears offered Fuller a long term deal for around 10m/year. It was a low ball offer that they hoped he would take. He said Hell no.

The Bears then tried to save some money by using the transition tag rather than the franchise tag. It let them save money and allow them to gauge the market on a long term deal.

They got the offersheet and signed it real quick. They didn't agonize over this decision based on that time frame.

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We just handed the Bears their #1 CB on a "fair offer". 

If you're going to throw around an offer sheet, you don't throw out a fair offer. You throw out an offer that makes it painful for the Bears to match. 6.5 million cap hit year one and only a slightly worse year 2 with easy outs in years 3 and 4 is a slam dunk. 

$13.5 million in dead cap is an easy out now eh

Just now, incognito_man said:

$13.5 million in dead cap is an easy out now eh

I applaud your loyalty to the Packer staff.  You stuck with Capers a year longer than I did.  You defended the questionable Thompson decisions right up to the end with me, and now you're defending the questionable moves by Gute without me.  Say what you want about yourself, but don't call yourself disloyal. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I applaud your loyalty to the Packer staff.  You stuck with Capers a year longer than I did.  You defended the questionable Thompson decisions right up to the end with me, and now you're defending the questionable moves by Gute without me.  Say what you want about yourself, but don't call yourself disloyal. 

This is so easily defendable. I literally don't get the outrage for this attempt. It makes zero sense anyone would be upset he didn't offer enough lol

Archived