Ravens sign Michael Crabtree

marky mark

30 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Derek's terrible year last year would be among the best seasons in Flaccos career. That's a fact.

Actually, it would still rank among Flacco's worst seasons. I know, those darn pesky statistics and facts...I hate them, too:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

I feel bad for those people who are still under the impression that Derek Carr's 2015 wasn't an outlier.

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Actually, it would still rank among Flacco's worst seasons. I know, those darn pesky statistics and facts...I hate them, too:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

I feel bad for those people who are still under the impression that Derek Carr's 2015 wasn't an outlier.

Not gonna debate the stats but I am gonna say Derek Carr has far and away outplayed Joe Flacco over their last 2 seasons. I'd say 3 but Joe tore his ACL in 2015 and the ravens were terrible that year so eh.

Derek Carr improved upon his 2015 season with a strong 2016 season(MVP Candidate before the injury) and regressed this past season (Mostly due to a back injury he rushed....back from), I don't see how that season was an outlier.

1 minute ago, OleXmad said:

Not gonna debate the stats but I am gonna say Derek Carr has far and away outplayed Joe Flacco over their last 2 seasons. I'd say 3 but Joe tore his ACL in 2015 and the ravens were terrible that year so eh.

Derek Carr improved upon his 2015 season with a strong 2016 season(MVP Candidate before the injury) and regressed this past season, I don't see how that season was an outlier.

Either way, Carr and Flacco aren't that far off this past year - and one has Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree and the other has Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman.

59 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Derek Carr's 2015 was an outlier yet he followed it up with an even better 2016 lol. 

Derek Carr is a far better player than Flacco. And I'm not some Carr homer either, I think he's actually overrated as a player but he's definitely better than Flacco and it's not up for debate. Hell, there are rumors Ravens might draft a QB in the first this year.

If anyone thinks Flacco and Carr are on the same level....man, I don't know what to say.   Other than "how's the weather in Baltimore these days?".

Let's face it, the real Q is who's going to play better going forward.  And I hate to say it being in the AFCW, but it's easily Carr.

Either way, though, I'll say this - Crabtree's a solid signing for BAL.  They needed it.  I mentioned this in the Crabtree-OAK cut thread, but now that he's here, his 2017 struggles will no doubt raise the Q's already asked - but there's no hiding now.  He's their #1.  He'll draw the best CB.   Flacco should be targeting him the most.   We'll find out if that lack of separation in 2017 was true decline, or just the malaise of an entire system that went haywire after OC Todd Downing took over for Bill Musgrave and made a dog's mess of that power run-based O / quick-twitch pass O.

58 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Either way, Carr and Flacco aren't that far off this past year - and one has Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree and the other has Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman.

I mean statistically they're close but Carr still outplayed Flacco by a solid margin, plus Cooper and Crabtree kind of sucked this past season obviously not as much as Perriman though but still. 

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Derek Carr's 2015 was an outlier yet he followed it up with an even better 2016 lol. 

Derek Carr is a far better player than Flacco. And I'm not some Carr homer either, I think he's actually overrated as a player but he's definitely better than Flacco and it's not up for debate. Hell, there are rumors Ravens might draft a QB in the first this year.

Carr is definitely overrated, but he's on that borderline top 10 line. Flacco hasn't been on that level since...2014? I mean I love Flacco but the ravens have struggled to build a decent offense around him for half a decade now but still.

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Keep in mind I did originally Carr was better. Just not by that much, especially after this past year.

The only reason there's rumors surrounding us potentially drafting a QB in the first this year (it was literally one person and it's insane to think we would) is because Flacco is already 10 years in the league and trending downwards, while Carr is in his 4th 5th year.

4 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Carr is definitely overrated, but he's on that borderline top 10 line. Flacco hasn't been on that level since...2014? I mean I love Flacco but the ravens have struggled to build a decent offense around him for half a decade now but still.

I would say Carr's probably top 12ish in the league. He has shown flashes of brilliance and carried our team to 12 wins in 2016, but he also has some negatives to his game that were exposed this past year. He's young still and will hopefully improve under Grudens tutelage.

I will say though, Carr couldn't hold Playoff Joe Flaccos jockstrap lol. 

6 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Keep in mind I did originally Carr was better. Just not by that much, especially after this past year.

The only reason there's rumors surrounding us potentially drafting a QB in the first this year (it was literally one person and it's insane to think we would) is because Flacco is already 10 years in the league and trending downwards, while Carr is in his 4th 5th year.

I believe this should be Flaccos and Harbaughs last year in Baltimore.

Ozzie's on his way out, get a new coach and a new QB.

10 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I believe this should be Flaccos and Harbaughs last year in Baltimore.

Ozzie's on his way out, get a new coach and a new QB.

I've long be a Harbaugh detractor. He should've been gone after this past year, IMO. But yeah we'll probably get rid of Harbaug and Flacco together once we miss the playoffs again this upcoming year.

Archived