Ravens sign Michael Crabtree

marky mark

2 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Not gonna debate the stats but I am gonna say Derek Carr has far and away outplayed Joe Flacco over their last 2 seasons. I'd say 3 but Joe tore his ACL in 2015 and the ravens were terrible that year so eh.

Derek Carr improved upon his 2015 season with a strong 2016 season(MVP Candidate before the injury) and regressed this past season (Mostly due to a back injury he rushed....back from), I don't see how that season was an outlier.

Why is that Carr is allowed to have a back injury affect his play last year, while Flacco isn't allowed the same?

1 minute ago, Danand said:

Why is that Carr is allowed to have a back injury affect his play last year, while Flacco isn't allowed the same?

Flacco never missed a game and while he did miss all of training camp, he improved in the second half of the season and so I'd say his back injury didn't affect him the entire season plus he had a month and a half to heal. How much of his poor play is up to his back injury we can't say but I'd guess it got better after the bye. 

Plus as much as I'd like to blame his back injury the entire offense was more to blame than Joe for most of the year, especially the play calling and the defense failing to come up in the clutch.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Ravens still need another receiver. I'm guessing they go that route round 1 or 2.

So....no Ryan Grant then?

P.S.  The big Q in Round 1 will be if Ozzie can resist passing on another Bama player (Ridley).

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I haven’t read through the entirety of this thread - are people really debating Flacco vs Carr?

Long and short of it: Raiders fan says "I wish he could've gone to a better QB". I responded by saying Carr isn't much better than Flacco as of right now. Debate ensued.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Ravens still need another receiver. I'm guessing they go that route round 1 or 2.

Yeah we should still be taking DJ Moore or Calvin Ridley in the 1st round regardless of what happens.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Long and short of it: Raiders fan says "I wish he could've gone to a better QB". I responded by saying Carr isn't much better than Flacco as of right now. Debate ensued.

Yeah we should still be taking DJ Moore or Calvin Ridley in the 1st round regardless of what happens.

As long as Ozzie's your GM, is that really a debate?   Seems more like a rhetorical question.  :D

(I love Moore FWIW, but it's Ozzie and 'Bama.  Come on)

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As long as Ozzie's your GM, is that really a debate?   Seems more like a rhetorical question.  :D

(I love Moore FWIW, but it's Ozzie and 'Bama.  Come on)

Yeah if Ridley and Moore are there, someone is going to have to really hold Ozzie back from immediately sending in the Ridley pick.

Archived