All abouts the wideouts

Klomp

On 11/16/2018 at 11:26 AM, vike daddy said:

Chad Beebe, fresh off his NFL debut against the Lions, is now prepping for his first career regular-season road game. It just so happens it will take place at Soldier Field, which is only 50 miles from his hometown of Aurora.

Beebe: “That’s where I’m from, so I went back home and saw some family and friends I hadn’t seen in a while. It’s home, and I’m excited go to play the Bears. It will be a lot of fun, I’ve got a bunch of people coming.

Zimmer: “Remember how Diggs was when he was a rookie and he’d come out here and catch balls all over the place before we finally got him active? It’s kind of been that way with Beebe. I’m not saying they’re the same guy, but over the course of time he continued to show that. He comes out here and beats guys, he’s always caught the ball good and has always had confidence.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-wr-chad-beebe-excited-for-chicago-homecoming

I look forward to seeing Beebe after another full offseason.  

Adam Thielen is currently on pace to set the team record for receptions and yards in a season. 

I would expect him to pass Carter (122) for most receptions. Thielen is currently at 93 with 5 games to go. 

At his current pace (1138) through 11 games Thielen is on pace to pass Moss (1632) for most receiving yards, as well. However, getting 495 yards in the last 5 games is a tall order. 

Thielen would need 10 touchdowns to pass Moss and Carter’s team record of 17 touchdowns in a season. Still possible? Sure. But, highly unlikely. 

According to Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Thielen has added $3.6 million in incentives and escalators to his contract with his performance so far this season.

The Vikings signed him to a four-year, $19.25 contract prior to the 2017 season, and he continues to outplay that deal. He leads the league with 93 catches, is second with 1,138 receiving yards and is tied for fifth with eight touchdowns. He’s the 49th-highest paid receiver in the league in terms of average annual value.

But he keeps adding to his bank account, a little at a time. He hit a $600,000 bonus by catching 80 passes this year, and can make another $500,000 if he makes the likely trip to the Pro Bowl. He gained $1 million in salary this year by topping 90 catches last year, and will make an extra $2 million next year with second such season. A third straight 90-catch season could make him an extra $3 million in 2019.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/28/adam-thielen-keeps-hitting-incentives-remains-underpaid/

According to Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Thielen has added $3.6 million in incentives and escalators to his contract with his performance so far this season.

The Vikings signed him to a four-year, $19.25 contract prior to the 2017 season, and he continues to outplay that deal. He leads the league with 93 catches, is second with 1,138 receiving yards and is tied for fifth with eight touchdowns. He’s the 49th-highest paid receiver in the league in terms of average annual value.

But he keeps adding to his bank account, a little at a time. He hit a $600,000 bonus by catching 80 passes this year, and can make another $500,000 if he makes the likely trip to the Pro Bowl. He gained $1 million in salary this year by topping 90 catches last year, and will make an extra $2 million next year with second such season. A third straight 90-catch season could make him an extra $3 million in 2019.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/28/adam-thielen-keeps-hitting-incentives-remains-underpaid/

Minnesota boasts the No. 7 passing offense (282.3 yards per game), and Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are among the NFL’s most targeted receivers. Thielen ranks No. 2 in targets with 124 and Diggs ranks tied for No. 5 with 114. Incredibly, quarterback Kirk Cousins has connected with his star tandem on 172 of those targets (72.2%) for 1,928 yards and 14 touchdowns. Thielen needs seven receptions and two touchdowns and Diggs needs 21 receptions and four touchdowns for the wide receiver duo to become the first to each reach the 100-catch and 10-touchdown threshold in the same season. 

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-vikings-patriots-storylines-to-follow?sf203162534=1

can it be done...?

• 2 weeks later...

Diggs needs 34 yards to reach 1,000.  Thielen and Diggs would be the first Vikings duo over 1,000 yards receiving since Moss and Carter.  We have a good pair of running backs as well.

feel sorry for Aldick.  All he gets is long bomb TD's. 😀

Archived