Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Rosen and Darnold were born 5 months apart. Darnold is more raw because he doesn't have the same amount experience.  So his decision making skills may get better with more experience. 

I'll be nervous if we go Darnold but will cheer for him of course. Although Rosen makes some boneheaded plays as well. 

There is this one QB though. But that ship has sailed. 

I agree 100% with gangreen420

I think they knew this going into the trade too. They are happy with all three because these guys are so close. I think all 3 will be very good QB too. Allen on the other hand I just don't see it. I don't care about tweets when he was like 15/16 years old. Who cares what a young teen was thinking back then. People change. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

He’s 20 and raw? If anything his ceiling is probably the highest 

no offense but that’s a really poor assessment 

Compared to what? 

I see a guy in a top notch program that really did not shine at all in my eyes when compared to some of these other QB's. 

He is very talented and definitely one of the safest picks in the draft, but what happens when you throw him out there against NFL caliber players? 

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If Baker is there it’s Rosen or Darnold

I have it Rosen, Baker, Darnold. Want Rosen over both regard less but if he wasn’t there I’d go Baker, Darnold Turnovers scare me a bit.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

I have it Rosen, Baker, Darnold. Want Rosen over both regard less but if he wasn’t there I’d go Baker, Darnold Turnovers scare me a bit.

Rosen or Baker are my favorites, I lean more Rosen strictly on measurables but as far as talent I have them even.

9 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Compared to what? 

I see a guy in a top notch program that really did not shine at all in my eyes when compared to some of these other QB's. 

He is very talented and definitely one of the safest picks in the draft, but what happens when you throw him out there against NFL caliber players? 

I’m not sure what your really getting at. The jump for any of these players to the NFL is obviously a challenge. What happens when Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield face an NFL defense? What makes it any different for Darnold? Was there something you saw in his tape that made you think his play doesn’t translate to the NFL?

Darnold in 2016 was obviously excellent. His 2017 season started rough but he really picked it up during the latter half of the season. There was a ton of hype around him, the team wasn’t quite as good and he was trying to do too much at times. 

He’s widely regarded as the most raw player with highest upside (aside from Allen) and I’m not sure where you could he this idea that he’s already peaked.

11 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m not sure what your really getting at. The jump for any of these players to the NFL is obviously a challenge. What happens when Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield face an NFL defense? What makes it any different for Darnold? Was there something you saw in his tape that made you think his play doesn’t translate to the NFL?

Darnold in 2016 was obviously excellent. His 2017 season started rough but he really picked it up during the latter half of the season. There was a ton of hype around him, the team wasn’t quite as good and he was trying to do too much at times. 

He’s widely regarded as the most raw player with highest upside (aside from Allen) and I’m not sure where you could he this idea that he’s already peaked.

Where have you read hes the most raw? I see the exact opposite. Highest floor lowest ceiling is the common terms I read about him.

Hes Mark Sanchez 2.0 to me. Fumbles at the worst times and doesn't seem to have the "take over and win it" ability

7 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Where have you read hes the most raw? I see the exact opposite. Highest floor lowest ceiling is the common terms I read about him.

Hes Mark Sanchez 2.0 to me. Fumbles at the worst times and doesn't seem to have the "take over and win it" ability

He's better than Sanchez.  Definitely needs to work on the turnovers though.

36 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Why would we want to draft this player 3rd overall then?

Archived