Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think these reporters have about as much insight as we do. Jets really haven’t showed their cards besides that we will be drafting a QB.

For the most part, Mac is pretty tight lipped with the exception of Hack. Cimini said they’d take him in the second and they did. 

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

If that ain't the truth, and what you said about drafting a player to sell tickets is also very true. I would be shocked it the Jets took Mayfield over Rosen, If there is any player who will help in ticket sales it is Rosen. The Jets are tight lipped on the draft, and that is the way it should be. These sports casters on the radio & ESPN are always trying to stir up controversy, 

You know what sells tickets, winning games!

I don't get why people think Sam Darnold is the best QB in this draft class.   Because Cleveland wants him?  Like Cleveland has been a great judge of talent.  Even if Sam Darnold turns out to be the best QB it does not mean the other top QBs in this class will be bad.    I think the Jets target is Josh Rosen.   I believe Jets management is convinced the Giants will not trade out of the 2nd pick.  The Giants GM has a history of not trading down from their pick.  At worse I see the Jets having their 2nd rated QB available to them with the #3 pick.  They may even have a chance at their #1 rate QB even Cleveland does what Cleveland do.  I am also sick of the criticism of the Jets trade to get the 3rd pick.   If the Jets tried to trade for the #3 pick or any pick above #6 the price would surely have gone up to include a future #1 pick the closer the draft comes.  I believe the Jets trading to #3 is the highest they can go without having to trade away a a future #1.    I think Jets #1 rated QB is Josh Rosen.   According to the Jets logic they suspect the draft will go like this:

#1 - Cleveland  - QB Sam Darnold/Josh Allen

#2 - Giants - DE/LB Bradley Chubb/Saquan Barkley

#3 - Jets - QB Josh Rosen /  Select fan choice

I don't see the Jets losing in the first round of this round.  Their Franchise QB is right in front of them.  The Jets just have to put the card in on April 26th.

GO JETS!!!

This Youtube video is a good view on Baker Mayfield to give a different perspective on the Mayfied discussion.   I am starting to soften my stance on Baker "WTF" Mayfield stance. Mayfield has good qualities but still don't see him as the reason the Jets gave up 3 2nd round picks for. Mayfield could have been available at #6. If the Jets do not pick Rosen or Darnold I find the trade to #3 a mistake.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

So the NY Post is reporting the giants prefer Barkley and consider him a near perfect prospect. Darnold could be there at 3 to make things more interesting. 

Oh boy

17 hours ago, famousj said:

I don't get why people think Sam Darnold is the best QB in this draft class.   Because Cleveland wants him?  Like Cleveland has been a great judge of talent.  Even if Sam Darnold turns out to be the best QB it does not mean the other top QBs in this class will be bad.    I think the Jets target is Josh Rosen.   I believe Jets management is convinced the Giants will not trade out of the 2nd pick.  The Giants GM has a history of not trading down from their pick.  At worse I see the Jets having their 2nd rated QB available to them with the #3 pick.  They may even have a chance at their #1 rate QB even Cleveland does what Cleveland do.  I am also sick of the criticism of the Jets trade to get the 3rd pick.   If the Jets tried to trade for the #3 pick or any pick above #6 the price would surely have gone up to include a future #1 pick the closer the draft comes.  I believe the Jets trading to #3 is the highest they can go without having to trade away a a future #1.    I think Jets #1 rated QB is Josh Rosen.   According to the Jets logic they suspect the draft will go like this:

#1 - Cleveland  - QB Sam Darnold/Josh Allen

#2 - Giants - DE/LB Bradley Chubb/Saquan Barkley

#3 - Jets - QB Josh Rosen /  Select fan choice

I don't see the Jets losing in the first round of this round.  Their Franchise QB is right in front of them.  The Jets just have to put the card in on April 26th.

GO JETS!!!

Yea I don't get it either, Darnold,  played with the one of best offensive teams in college last year, and sure didn't set the world on fire with his play. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

So the NY Post is reporting the giants prefer Barkley and consider him a near perfect prospect. Darnold could be there at 3 to make things more interesting. 

That would be amazing. All things considered (strengths and flaws, floor/ceiling, injury history, off field concerns, age etc) I think makes Darnold the safest QB in FO minds and that’s why he’s always been 1-2. Obviously the USC pedigree is a little scary but he’s a much greater prospect than Sanchez was IMO and it’s not even close.

I read somewhere (I’ll try to find it) Giants and Bills have the foundation of a trade up but wouldn’t execute it until NYG are on the clock, see who the Browns take, and see if other offers come in. No one can match really what the Bills can offer though. It’s going to cost them big time and if they pick the wrong guy it could really set them back.

All that matters though is that we get it right and Buffalo gets it wrong, and with these prospects being so close in a lot of people’s eyes luck will play a factor. Don’t care if we end up with Allen and Bills land Darnold, as long our guy is “better”.

Really would prefer to see none of these QBs land with the Bills or Fins though.

2 hours ago, famousj said:

This Youtube video is a good view on Baker Mayfield to give a different perspective on the Mayfied discussion.   I am starting to soften my stance on Baker "WTF" Mayfield stance. Mayfield has good qualities but still don't see him as the reason the Jets gave up 3 2nd round picks for. Mayfield could have been available at #6. If the Jets do not pick Rosen or Darnold I find the trade to #3 a mistake.

Nice review. The other thing he didn't really go into in detail is some of the nice QB traits Baker shows. If you look at the two plays he highlighted for arm strength against UT, you can see some of the things he brings to the table.

On the first play he had really good protection, scanned the field, and once he spotted an open receiver downfield, he quickly set his feet and launched it 60 yards where only his receiver could make a play on it. The DB made a good play on the ball but it was a well placed ball by Baker. 

The second play he shows, Baker didn't have any time at all. He literally had 2 seconds before 44 was about to pound him into the ground. He moves up and out of the pocket and places the ball well while under pressure. The UT game is a good study on Baker because Malik Jefferson was applying good pressure on him up the middle. He was sent up the A gaps a few time and was untouched on a few plays.

Archived