Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is merely that outsiders aren’t high on him either. 

I agree Bobby816 hates Mayfield.

I on the other hand love Mayfield. The only other guy I want besides him is Sam D. 

I hope it goes 

Allen

Brakley

or

Allen

Chubb

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I on the other hand love Mayfield. The only other guy I want besides him is Sam D. 

I hope it goes 

Allen

Brakley

or

Allen

Chubb

Yes I dislike a guy that grabs his crotch and curses at opponents from the sideline among other things. I find that not a desirable attribute in a franchise QB sorry. But fact is I’m ok with if we draft him. But I see no situation since we draft 3rd that I’ll be happy with drafting him. Only way I’m happy with drafting him is if Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2. Which I don’t see happening.

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope it goes 

Allen

Brakley

or

Allen

Chubb

If Darnold is there at 3, i'm taking him, no questions asked.

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

What do you have against Darnold?  

I just don't see it in him; he looks like a JAG to me

He doesn't strike me as a QB who will demand the attention/respect of his opponents and teammates like Rosen or Mayfield do

+ I really do not like USC quarterbacks

His mechanics and turnovers are also a huge no for me as well

10 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I just don't see it in him; he looks like a JAG to me

He doesn't strike me as a QB who will demand the attention/respect of his opponents and teammates like Rosen or Mayfield do

+ I really do not like USC quarterbacks

His mechanics and turnovers are also a huge no for me as well

You think Rosen demands respect?  Eesh.  Don't stereotype USC QB's.  We can stereotype UCLA and OU QB's just as easily.  Turnovers are an issue, but FWIW, he fumbled or threw a pick less than 20% more than Rosen.  Meaning, over the course of a year, that's only an extra 2-3 or so, which isn't a lot.  The issue obviously is the fumbles lost.  In terms of mechanics, his throwing motion is elongated, but they're working on it.  

I think it's just that Darnold is young and doesn't have as much experience as those other two guys. There's a little more projection needed with him. 

Mayfield has been a starter for 7 years HS and College. Darnold has been a starter for 4 years or just 2 at each level.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:57 PM, jetskid007 said:

I mean, I was saying it back before no one was and we ended up being a finalist. 

He would have been a Jet if the Vikings weren’t in the running, which wasn’t expected initially.

Also, where’s your Mayfield comparison/Draft prediction?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes I dislike a guy that grabs his crotch and curses at opponents from the sideline among other things. I find that not a desirable attribute in a franchise QB sorry. But fact is I’m ok with if we draft him. But I see no situation since we draft 3rd that I’ll be happy with drafting him. Only way I’m happy with drafting him is if Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2. Which I don’t see happening.

Did you see the trash that Kansas was doing?  It started with them refusing to shake his hand, and not even having the children that were lined up with them at the coin toss shake his hand, then they said crazy stuff to him all game... that is all nothing really but it built up to them basically taking cheap shots and trying to hurt him.  I am a pretty laid back guy but if i thought some dudes were hitting me really late intentionally trying to hurt me crotch grabbing is the least of what you would see.  In reality I'm amazed he didn't hit somebody.  No other QB out of these 5 have had to deal with a team intentionally being jerks and then intentionally trying to hurt them.  If he has the self control to only grab his crotch in that situation then i applaud him.  

Guys get hit by pitches in baseball all the time and start bench clearing brawls and no one calls them thugs or questions their character, they are scrappy players (who just happen to be playing the softest sport).  I'd rather get hit in the side by a baseball than hit by a 300lb guy late when you're no longer expecting it.

Also I don't know how you think you are alone in not wanting Mayfield.  I'd say the fan base is much closer to 50/50.  I think you receive more push back because you keep bringing up things that don't matter.  When people bring up question marks with his play there isn't a huge deluge to defend him.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is merely that outsiders aren’t high on him either. 

What outsiders? I've seen a bunch of people saying Baker is the #1 QB in the draft. PFF slurps him up on the daily. ESPN First Take cast slurps him. My friends think he's the best. Not sure how your friends dictates anything. I would still say it's a mixed bag all around.

Archived