Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Terrible because I love draft night.  Love kicking back with my glass of Woodford Reserve on the rocks and watching round 1.

Don't worry. The first hour and half is going to be mostly Mel Kiper yelling about Josh Allen. He may get to the other prospects around the time the Colts pick. So, you'll likely start watching when Kiper is done reading his dissertation on Josh Allen. 

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Don't worry. The first hour and half is going to be mostly Mel Kiper yelling about Josh Allen. He may get to the other prospects around the time the Colts pick. So, you'll likely start watching when Kiper is done reading his dissertation on Josh Allen. 

28xlyu.jpg

I hate Mel Kiper. He knows as much as we do. He can miss on 3/4 of the players and people still listen to him.

On the other hand if Darnold and Mayfield end up 1 and 2 that would be my worse nightmare. I want one of these guys so bad. If that does happen I wanted Rosen but now I'm leaning towards Allen. I just don't like Rosen any more. The guy tends to rub people the wrong way and seems like he never gives it his full 110%. This scares me a lot. I would rather go with a project (which we don't need another one) than Rosen. The jets will end up with Rosen or Mayfield. 

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Did the source say they are going Darnold or they are not going Allen? I read his mock draft this morning and it says that he has a trusted source that told him the Browns are not going Allen. Those are slightly different statement.

It's crazy how things are still so up in there with the first 3 picks. Supposedly the Jets had Rosen off their board. But 3 days before the draft, Peter King, a well connected reporter, has the Jets taking Rosen. 

It's going to be one hell of a first 45 minutes to the draft. 

Yeah I don;t know how to put but you are right " its going to be one hell of the first 45 minutes to the draft". And I have been waiting 42 years for this.

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Did the source say they are going Darnold or they are not going Allen? I read his mock draft this morning and it says that he has a trusted source that told him the Browns are not going Allen. Those are slightly different statement.

It's crazy how things are still so up in there with the first 3 picks. Supposedly the Jets had Rosen off their board. But 3 days before the draft, Peter King, a well connected reporter, has the Jets taking Rosen. 

It's going to be one hell of a first 45 minutes to the draft. 

Yeah, I misspoke.  Not going Allen.

18 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't because that means both Mayfield and Darnold could both be gone by 3.  I'd be ok with Rosen at 3 but I really want one of Darnold/Mayfield first.

Everyone’s rankings are different. I like it bc I have my rankings with Rosen and Darnold 1 and 2. Mayfield goes 1 and that guarantees us 1 of Rosen or Darnold.

I’m on the small camp that wants nothing to do with Rosen 

if we draft him I hope and pray he proves me wrong ... but if he actually does rub a lotta people the wrong way ... coupled with people questioning his love of the game ... coupled with his injury history

And then tag on the fact if a play breaks down improvising is not even close to a strength for him .... I just really don’t want him here 

I’d rather Lamar Jackson (who can be really good if an offensive coordinator lets him use his strengths while building others)  (tho I’d hope not up at 3)

most nfl coordinators for some reason want someone to fit their mold instead of building around them ....

1. Josh allen

2 Darnold / Mayfield

3 Lamar Jackson

4 Rosen

As a fan base, I don't think we agree on the pecking order of these QB's. That probably holds true for a lot the teams picking in the top 6. The only exception is Cleveland fans, they are literally almost all Darnold or bust. Going to be interesting what happens if they don't go Darnold. This is the same fan base that was burning Lebron jersey in the street. For the sake of society, kind of hoping they go Darnold. 

Archived