Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s defending Mayfield when yet again he did the wrong thing bc of his arrogance and pointing the finger at others that they “maybe” did the same thing. With no proof of that. Your line earlier today showed how much it’s just that you love his type of personality. Saying that he’d play with a bum shoulder and would be giving the other team the finger with other. And that fact that some of you are ok with that. Is very emabarasing for our franchise. That you guys would be ok with that. I know you were “kidding” but the fact is that’s the kind of player he is. And that’s embarrassing for our franchise for a player to continuously do antics like that.   

You're overanalyzing what I wrote.  @KingOfTheDot gets it.  Not defending Baker what so ever.  Just saying we don't actually know.

The SD play book situation is the stupidest thing I have ever seen being debated about. Simply just people trying to criticize baker anyway they can.

Bottom line, the tape doesn’t lie, and his teammates and opponents rave about his leadership ability. 

I am still not convinced we take him though. All of this Allen to Cleveland talk and Baker to NY seems a like like smoke to me. I still think we are eyeing Rosen despite what media is reporting. Thursday night can’t come soon enough and as long as we don’t draft Josh Allen I will be a happy camper. 

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

My pops actually hates Keyshawn, but mostly for his remarks on Cherbet though. He's a huge Cherbet fan.

Guys that are arrogant like that are not likable. Keyshawn is as arrogant as they come. One slight difference between Key and Baker is that Key is a me type player. Where as I see Baker as team player. Typically the arrogant guys are also me type players. I know some don't view Jamal as arrogant. But he, to me, is arrogant and a team player. I don't mind the arrogance. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The SD play book situation is the stupidest thing I have ever seen being debated about. Simply just people trying to criticize baker anyway they can.

Bottom line, the tape does lie, and his teammates and opponents rave about his leadership ability. 

I am still not convinced we take him though. All of this Allen to Cleveland talk and Baker to NY seems a like like smoke to me. I still think we are eyeing Rosen despite what media is reporting. Thursday night can’t come soon enough and as long as we don’t draft Josh Allen I will be a happy camper. 

I don’t think any opponent has ever raved about Mayfield’s personality

13 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If he did that to us you wouldn’t wanna draft him so let’s stay unbiase here. Mayfield was 100% wrong and unprofessional here. 

Ok lets say Goff or Wentz did this to us in 2016 when we had the #20 pick, i don't think anyone of us would care.  Add in that unlike the chargers we didn't have a QB in place, and it still wouldn't have moved the needle.

If Baker did it to us this year when we are at #3 then sure that would be really weird.  At the same time he is the only guy that is unabashedly saying he would love the chance to turn around the Browns.  There has been talks of Rosen not wanting to be on the Browns, and potentially trying to get out of being the number 1 pick.  But lets spend more time talking about Baker not learning the Chargers playbook quite as well as he could have(a team he is never going to get drafted by).

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Let’s be real man. If they did what Baker did it would be in the media just like it is with Baker. So no news on it more than likely means they did what you’re supposed to and either turned down the meeting or studied the playbook like they were asked. That’s common sense. Do I know this for 100%? No. But it takes common sense to assume this.

There is almost a 0% chance of it being in the media if any of the other guys did it.  According to people in the league this happens every year with every prospect.  They don't have the time to prepare for every team fully.  These guys have insane schedules right now.  The only reason it is in the media is because Baker said it, which is a poor poor choice (and you said I'd never critique Baker).  He needs to learn when to shut up instead of telling the truth of what he and every other guy is doing.  

Not fully preparing for a team that you almost 100% aren't going to is normal, opening your yap about it isn't normal.  

Archived