Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

6 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Really for me has nothing to do with the pro day ... saw some games he played ... i like his ability to create things in chaos (not that he's super consistent at it) but he definitely made some big plays while running for his life and improvising. Also while yea he takes risks being a bit overly aggressive I also think that his weapons didnt get open all that much, and his O Line failed him a lot more than the other 3 QBs by a long margin.

Also his offense in college seemed to go deep far more often than darn old rosen mayfield so he doesnt have all the short throws padding his stats

Main thing with that for me is that he doesnt ever seem broken, just self confident gunslinger. 

Also he started off horribly at the senior bowl and clearly improved so he is coachable to me.

dont get me wrong i liked Mariota, Watson and such more, but Allen is not hackenberg for me

And that’s cool. Personally, I’m not a big fan but a pro day shouldn’t change anyone’s opinions on the guy one way or another

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My belief is we traded up for Darnold or Rosen. And I think Allen is an emergency plan if both are gone. Not mayfield.

Don’t agree, but either way, a QB is either worth a 1st round pick or not worth it. I hate when people say “drafting Mayfield top 5 is a reach”. It isn’t. You either think he’s a franchise guy or not. If the FO thinks he is, take him at 3 if nobody else you like is there. If you don’t, don’t draft him. 

The #Giants GM has always believed #NFL football is a “big man’s game”. That’s why a “big” (OL/DL) was always a more likely choice for @Giants at No.2. Given their SB history of winning with defense and a dominant pass rush, it makes sense for them to take the DE (Chubb)

@hsimon62 Mar 23

More

according to the NY Post, Giants will rate Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley and Quenton Nelson as the top 3 players in draft, ahead of all of the QB prospects.

Crazy situation with the Giants. If they want any of these three, can't trade back unless it's with Browns or Broncos. Chubb makes more sense now because of JPP and the suspended player they just added. Also, they NEED Nelson. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At 6 he was a legit possibility. At 3 I don’t see him as a possibility.

While I agree that he was much more likely at six by virtue of others being gone, I would be OK with him at 3 as well. 

In a qb the thing I like the most is accurate passing and ball placement. Mayfield is the best at these things on tape and with the analytics. 

The one downside for him is height. Maturity comes with age. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Crazy situation with the Giants. If they want any of these three, can't trade back unless it's with Browns or Broncos. Chubb makes more sense now because of JPP and the suspended player they just added. Also, they NEED Nelson. 

They can have Nelson and Green for their first 2 picks easily.

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm pretty sure the Browns will go Darnold, but imagine if they took Allen, Giants took Chubb, and we had our choice between Darnold and Rosen at #3? 

Now that'd be a dream. With Allen off the board, any of these other qbs works for me. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

They can have Nelson and Green for their first 2 picks easily.

They could, but it depends on who they have rated higher. Giants who identity is the DL. Their GM came from the Panthers where their DL was important as well. I would probably go Nelson if I was them, but who knows at this point. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

While I’m happy to see the reality of Mayfield not really being an option for you guys who liked him. I still always have rated him higher than Allen. So while I spent the last couple months trying to like Mayfield... now I have to do it all over again with trying to like Allen over the next few weeks. Rosen has always been my #1 guy and I hope and actually think he will be the pick. But we all need to really watch Darnold, Rosen and Allen... bc 1 of thise 3 will be a Jet in a few weeks.

I agree.

Real nice breakdown of Josh Allen's game against Hawaii. 

For reference, he went 9-19 (47%), 92 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT.

In this video you can see a few things:

The good:

• His receivers drop some easy catches
  • He can throw into tight windows
  • He is mobile and accurate on his 1st read and usually on his 2nd read
  • He goes through his progressions
  • He usually makes good decisions

The bad:

• His accuracy deeps on his 3rd and 4th read
  • He can be a bit slow to make a decision
  • Doesn't always seem to trust his receiver is open
  • Throws some risky passes. Lucky to not have an INT in this game

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

They could, but it depends on who they have rated higher. Giants who identity is the DL. Their GM came from the Panthers where their DL was important as well. I would probably go Nelson if I was them, but who knows at this point. 

Only 3 OL were selected by him for Panthers. All of them are Guards. None of them were taken any high than 3rd round. umm.

Gettleman likes to go with popularity for 1st round. I am not sure which offers more, Nelson or Chubb.

Think they go Chubb , Best Edge player in the draft and could allow them to move on from Vernon after this year. Interested to see how their front 7 shapes up actually.

DE:Mauro(???)

NT:Snacks

DE:Tomlinson

OLB:Vernon/Martin(Chubb in on passing Downs)

ILB:Ogletree/Herzlich

23 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Real nice breakdown of Josh Allen's game against Hawaii. 

For reference, he went 9-19 (47%), 92 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT.

In this video you can see a few things:

The good:

• His receivers drop some easy catches
  • He can throw into tight windows
  • He is mobile and accurate on his 1st read and usually on his 2nd read
  • He goes through his progressions
  • He usually makes good decisions

The bad:

• His accuracy deeps on his 3rd and 4th read
  • He can be a bit slow to make a decision
  • Doesn't always seem to trust his receiver is open
  • Throws some risky passes. Lucky to not have an INT in this game

4 drops in that game from my count.  I saw one bad throw/read that should have been a pick six.  See a guy who has a lot of faith in his arm strength (ala Favre). 

Most impressed with the game winning TD throw/read.   He showed patience, accuracy and touch. Also some mental toughness as he did not "light it up" that game and WR dropped 4 passes for big plays during the game but still had faith in his reads and receivers to allow the play to develop.  I agree this shows good and bad in Allen but I think it also shows why he might go #1.  Can't teach arm talent, he is very mobile and with proper coaching could easily be the best QB from this class.

Archived