Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Best case scenario is Browns take Allen one. I have a bad feeling that if both Rosen and Allen are on the board at 3, the Jets will go Allen. I do not even want that to be an option. Much rather choose between Darnold or Rosen. FWIW, I love Mayfield, just don't think he is one of the Jets top 3.

22 minutes ago, BJets512 said:

Best case scenario is Browns take Allen one. I have a bad feeling that if both Rosen and Allen are on the board at 3, the Jets will go Allen. I do not even want that to be an option. Much rather choose between Darnold or Rosen. FWIW, I love Mayfield, just don't think he is one of the Jets top 3.

I firmly believe the first 2 picks are Darnold and Rosen so we're either trading up to 2 with the giants ... or taking allen mayfield 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Browns have clearer path to the qb solution.  Is it formed by yellow bricks? I don't know but Stanton is already ahead of those youngsters as Browns apparently have no intention to start rookie qb for first season.  If a top qb outperforms Taylor and Stanton then it is a good problem.

giphy.gif

I'll go deeper. 

Are they preparing for Josh Allen by picking up another vet?

By adding a 5th QB, are they comfortable with taking another QB with their #4 instead of their #1? 

Is Kessler on the trading block? 

These are why I think it's interesting. Kessler accomplished in his first year Stanton was never able to accomplish, completing over 60% of his passes and having a pretty good TD/INT ratio. Stanton doesn't make sense. 

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

They don’t need him after Hyde though. They still have Duke Johnson as well. If Barkley’s there at 4, they should dangle the pick. 

I certainly hope you think  Johnson & Hyde are  in the same category Barkley. Barkley is something special that come alone every ten years. If you want to dangle him for extra high picks that is a different story, For sure two first round picks.

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I certainly hope you think  Johnson & Hyde are  in the same category Barkley. Barkley is something special that come alone every ten years. If you want to dangle him for extra high picks that is a different story, For sure two first round picks.

So they just invested 15 mil in an RB in Hyde, have opened up extension discussions with Duke, but they're really targeting Saquon?  Also, not every 10 years.  It's been nearly every year.  Fournette, Zeke, Gurley, etc.  All elite prospects.  Whether or not they're better prospects is debatable, but all elite RB prospects.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

So they just invested 15 mil in an RB in Hyde, have opened up extension discussions with Duke, but they're really targeting Saquon?  Also, not every 10 years.  It's been nearly every year.  Fournette, Zeke, Gurley, etc.  All elite prospects.  Whether or not they're better prospects is debatable, but all elite RB prospects.

Yeah, elite RBs are becoming a dime a dozen. Last draft was loaded with great to elite starting RBs. Browns can afford to pass on Saquon and grab Chubb, McGlinchey, or Fitzpatrick IMO. A trade down seems likely.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That is why the Browns are a disaster, they could have gotten Barkley for the rookie price and did not have to spend all that money on Dr Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. And still get a top QB at four.

47 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'll go deeper. 

Are they preparing for Josh Allen by picking up another vet?

By adding a 5th QB, are they comfortable with taking another QB with their #4 instead of their #1? 

Is Kessler on the trading block? 

These are why I think it's interesting. Kessler accomplished in his first year Stanton was never able to accomplish, completing over 60% of his passes and having a pretty good TD/INT ratio. Stanton doesn't make sense. 

Kessler's rookie season was not helpful for his NFL progression. Don't ask me.  Could it because Hue Jackson is arrogant as he cares for height and arm strength from qb?

Kessler and Hogan lack NFL experience to mentor a top qb so yeah Browns are preparing for either Darnold or Allen, both qbs who need time to clean out some knots of their own problems. 

Browns have Scot McCloughan and Bill Parcels as consultants for qb situation. It could suggest Browns welcome everyone for back up role on cheap contracts. As of right now, Drew Stanton is leading for that spot due to 10 plus experience in NFL.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is why the Browns are a disaster, they could have gotten Barkley for the rookie price and did not have to spend all that money on Dr Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. And still get a top QB at four.

Generally yeah. However, Browns only want an exact qb prospect that couldn't be available at 4th as they won't settle down for 3rd or 4th most preferable qb prospect.

Archived