Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

It's college even Darnold and Rosen threw to guys that were WIDE open that's just the nature of college football.

I think you need to watch for them. Bc while your statement isn’t completely false... Mayfields receivers were open by a bigger margin and more frequently.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And my biggest argument against Mayfield’s completion percentage is how wide open his guys were so often. You pro Mayfield guys keep throwing the adjusted % out there. Which doesn’t take at all into consideration how easy most of his throws were. And that has a lot to do with the offense he played in and he can’t control that. But it’s not a viable stat that transfers over to the NFL. You put a lot of 1st around talent QBs on that OU team and they play similar.

Again, so you wouldn't take Mariota then?  Or do you want to continue to discount how accurate he was even if his guys were open?  It's still a key stat her.  How about the fact that he had the best deep ball percentage in the country?

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think you need to watch for them. Bc while your statement isn’t completely false... Mayfields receivers were open by a bigger margin and more frequently.

I've watched plent of them an seen them all make NFL caliber throws and decisions. Wide open is wide open.

Bobby I think your missing the point alittle no one, except for maybe KBS, is pounding the table to take Baker over Rosen in a scenario we're just saying he deserves to be in the conversation as he is an elite QB prospect.

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Bobby I think your missing the point alittle no one, except for maybe KBS, is pounding the table to take Baker over Rosen in a scenario we're just saying he deserves to be in the conversation as he is an elite QB prospect.

Exactly.  I'm not saying "Baker or bust", but i'd still take him at 3 if Darnold and Rosen are gone.  I just want no part of Allen.  If the guy couldn't throw a ball 80 yards, he wouldn't even be a top 50 pick.

With Baker, it's not just accuracy though, he is also a good decision maker and can read defenses pre and post snaps. Here is a breakdown of his 5 INTs. So, even focusing on his bad plays, you can still see that he is making the right reads and making the right decisions. On the first two interceptions, he got baited and it took great defensive plays which will also happen in the NFL. On the 3rd, he made a bad decision but he showed that ability to scan the field. The last two, while he made the right decision, he was locked in on receivers. But keep in mind that these are highlighting all of Baker's interceptions. And even putting a lens to those, you can still come out with positives.

36 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Understandable. I actually have him 3rd in my rankings. I just hope we get Darnold or Rosen. And I just think Allen will be higher on our board based on what Macc likes.

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

In regards to Todd’s comment... 

They have 6 or 7 players with grades worthy of selecting at 3, however, not all 6/7 are QBs (Barkley, Chubb, Nelson in there as well). Moving up to 3 guarantees them one of the QBs in their top 6. 

I laughed hard when I read that comment. "We are looking at 6 or 7 players". He said that with a straight face. Almost looked liked he meant it. We all know the Jets are taking a QB.

I like your take though. So basically they view 6 or 7 players worthy of a top 5. Sounds pretty accurate actually. 3 or 4 QB's and 3 non-QB's.

Has anyone actually dug into Sam Darnold? Have to admit, I've barely looked at him. Mostly because I am assuming he either goes to Cleveland or NYG. Don't even know where I would ranking him relative to the other QB's.

I love how Todd acted like we had 6 or 7 guys rated highly and worthy to take 3rd overall. Smokescreen, otherwise they'd stay at 6th overall and get one of those guys lol. This was for a QB and if its for Mayfield, eww we could have gotten him at 6. 

20 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

In regards to Todd’s comment... 

They have 6 or 7 players with grades worthy of selecting at 3, however, not all 6/7 are QBs (Barkley, Chubb, Nelson in there as well). Moving up to 3 guarantees them one of the QBs in their top 6. 

Yeah, I don't worry about it.  Everyone knows that Jets are gunning for top qb.   You know the line of question.  If you started with a confirmation of taking qb then next question could get you prevail something relating to a certain qb.    6/7 prospects are too much for a team that considers drafting a top qb. It helps FO and HC abstain from loose mouth.

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Has anyone actually dug into Sam Darnold? Have to admit, I've barely looked at him. Mostly because I am assuming he either goes to Cleveland or NYG. Don't even know where I would ranking him relative to the other QB's.

It is hard to figure out which qb has more brilliant future.   Alone qb does not make it possible.  QB, OC, HC and supporting cast combination is the key to succeed for young qbs coming out of NCAA.

Vigen's QBs have some freedom to change plays, work 1/2 field concepts that force them to identify coverages and take charge on protections. No secret he keeps pumping out top-caliber prospects.

a little insight why the NFL loves Josh Allen... as raw as he is, largely asked to do more with less than the other QBs... he’ll needs more time to go then Wentz did (remember, he was a RS Senior), but Wentz went from a player needing time to adjust to a starter by the end of TC. 

It’s easy to trash Allen for his completion percentage, but those who do aren’t digging deep enough. What would Allen have done in an Air Raid/spread offense where receivers are constantly running wide open? 

8 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It’s easy to trash Allen for his completion percentage, but those who do aren’t digging deep enough. What would Allen have done in an Air Raid/spread offense where receivers are constantly running wide open? 

Ding ding ding.

The more film I watch on Allen the more I notice how good he is at diagnosing the defense pre-snap and how much protection responsibility he has at the LOS.

Archived