Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Smokescreen, the Patriots want the Jets to take Mayfield over the other QBs. I have a feeling we end up with Mayfield and then Rosen goes to the Broncos. Rosen ends up with multiple pro bowls and a top 10 QB, while Mayfield ends up a bust. Like the Patriots ever let out their interest in a player. 

I see Johnny Manziel in Baker Mayfield. I see Matt Ryan in Josh Rosen. Josh Allen I see glimpses of Big Ben and Cam Newton, but not as accurate. Sam Darnold is like Andrew Luck. 

The Patriots were linked to Rosen yesterday. Would the same logic apply? 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Albert Breer says he believes the Jets are zeroing in on Rosen and Mayfield. Believes Darnold and Allen go top two regardless who goes #1. Also still possible Bills-Giants work out a deal, specifically for Allen.

I’m fine with this. I’d honestly love to be a fly on the wall in the war room, could see Bowles liking Baker more and Macc liking Rosen more.

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The Patriots were linked to Rosen yesterday. Would the same logic apply? 

Yes, I didn't read that but the Patriots are doing their homework.  They aren't going to leak interest in players out of nowhere. I am convinced that Rosen is going to be a better player than Mayfield, I see top 10 QB qualities in Rosen. The health is the main concern I have, the other stuff I think is overblown. But the way he places a football and his mechanics are NFL quality.  Mayfield is running around in circles and throwing to open guys, it looks more like college gimmicks than NFL quality. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Also said he doesn't see the Pats moving up for QBs; thinks up to 6 can go in round 1 (Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson the other two, in either order)

Nah they’re taking Lauletta at 31. I’m speaking it into existence because it makes too much sense.

I don't get why people are so worried about the Pats moving up. They are not moving up. They moved Cooks because he would be a FA after the 2018 season and would require the 17-20 mill range per year which the Pats are not going to spend. Remember that as the days get closer to draft day the value of picks in the first round rise. They made this move now because probably on draft day they would have ended up as a 2nd round pick. The Pats need help in  a lot of areas just like other teams. They need a CB and LT to start off. I think this move was made so they can get full value of Cooks and pick up a LT guy like Conner Williams or Orlando Brown who will be there at the bottom of the first with his bad day at the combine. 

On another note one NFC scout said that Mayfield is the most accurate QB he has ever evaluated. I still have Mayfield as the #1 QB followed by Darnold, Allen, Rosen. I also feel that all 4 will be picked in the top 5. This is why the Jets made the move up because all 4 will be gone. 

59 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Nah they’re taking Lauletta at 31. I’m speaking it into existence because it makes too much sense.

If they want Lauletta, I don't think they're taking him at 31 personally, I think they'll wait.  With that said, the connection is too obvious.  Bill's dad coached his uncle, high accuracy, high IQ guy, etc.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Yes, I didn't read that but the Patriots are doing their homework.  They aren't going to leak interest in players out of nowhere. I am convinced that Rosen is going to be a better player than Mayfield, I see top 10 QB qualities in Rosen. The health is the main concern I have, the other stuff I think is overblown. But the way he places a football and his mechanics are NFL quality.  Mayfield is running around in circles and throwing to open guys, it looks more like college gimmicks than NFL quality. 

You need to go watch more Mayfield film if that's what you think he's doing.

Yeah I don’t get the Johnny Manziel playing style comparison, Johnny games was a lot more based off his running ability, ran for more than 2,000 yards as a starter at A&M where Baker if I recall hasn’t gone over 400 yards in a single season. Also Johnny often just freelanced running around till something opened up where as Baker played within the structure of his offense.

18 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Yeah I don’t get the Johnny Manziel playing style comparison, Johnny games was a lot more based off his running ability, ran for more than 2,000 yards as a starter at A&M where Baker if I recall hasn’t gone over 400 yards in a single season. Also Johnny often just freelanced running around till something opened up where as Baker played within the structure of his offense.

They threw for similar number though (Mayfield the better of the 2). So it wasn’t like Manziel was just a running QB at all. I think the reason why some compare is the cocky attitude and small size more so then anything.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They threw for similar number though (Mayfield the better of the 2). So it wasn’t like Manziel was just a running QB at all. I think the reason why some compare is the cocky attitude and small size more so then anything.

I agree as to why they get compared, but Manziel was a much better playmaker and Baker is the much better passer.

3 more weeks ladies and gentleman. 3 more weeks. All doubts will be removed in 3 more weeks. 

NFL Draft pre draft pick tone. Goodell walks up to the mic. With the 3rd Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select .....

And the crowd goes wild. 

Bobby - Aren't you from the Dallas area? Are you crashing the party? Maybe try and see if you can sneak and peak at Macc's big board.

Playing style was different. Cockiness on the field and stature are the same. 

Their commitment levels to football were different as well. One didn't  watch film or study the game plan unless they were playing a legit opponent. The other was a walk-on twice. I mean one has been doubted practically his whole life and the other one well his name is Johnny Football. That says it all.

Archived