Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

13 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Man we have reached the crazy season.  We have all had way to much time to pick apart these guys.  

Anyone against Rosen, I think the complaints about him are WAY overblown.  I think his real mistake from a publicity standpoint was mentioning his political beliefs and doing so in a crass way, not that I care.  But it got people talking about him as a person and looking for little things.  I think he is probably a good kid, who can rub some people the wrong way.... that sounds like about half the good QB's in the league.  As far as on the field, he can make all the throws and his mechanics are great.  He does randomly miss bad every now and again but who doesn't, he throws a great ball most of the time.  He does lack some athleticism, and while his combine numbers are not a ton different than Bakers, Baker just moves way way better on the field.  I think Rosen is going to do well against blitzes that he sees and has time to plan ahead for, and at least initially he will do poorly on pressure that catches him off guard.  He is the best QB in the draft when playing in the structure of then play.  He gets the ball out on time more than anyone else, and is always throwing when he hits his break.  He isn't the best at ad libbing out of all of these guys but I think he is better than he gets credit for.  All in all who couldn't be happy with this kid?  We are the Jets we rarely get nice things, don't complain about it.

Anyone against Baker is putting way to much stock into 1 arrest and some on field fluff which happens all the time in the NFL and is overlooked often.  I know guys who have crazy high end jobs where they are extremely responsible and I have crazy stories about the things they did drunk.  This kid basically got PCed and then slow mo ran away.... whoopie.  That is nothing for a college student, and if it wasn't on tape it would be about 1/100th of a deal.  Look at Mixon vs all the other players who have been accused of some sort of DV in college.  Mixon's was watchable though, and therefore got way more play.  As far as the on the field stuff it might not be everyone's cup of tea (I love it), but it is rarely ever going to be an actual problem.  I also don't see him as a "me" guy, there are tons of video's of his guys scoring and him running over to them and taking their helmet to carry it back to the bench for them.  His teammates love him and that is all i care about.  As far as on the field he can make all the throws and he also has pretty good mechanics most of the time.  No he's not tall, but i don't see that as much of a problem.  He throws from a very high platform which helps him not get balls batted.  In fact I watched all of his games to see if he was having problems with balls getting batted down and he just wasn't.  I never charted it but it seemed like he had the least balls batted down of any of these guys.  No his hands aren't gigantic, but he was the only one of the QB's on here who lost 0 fumbles.  He was throwing over some huge O linemen and seemed to have no problem constantly finding open players.  Some people complain that his O line was great and made him look good... fair enough, though he was by far the best QB when under pressure which kind of controls for how good the O line was since it assumes that they messed up.  The presumptive 1st overall pick.... Mr. Perfect Sam Darnold had 21 turnovers just last year..... Baker had 21 turnovers in HIS ENTIRE TIME AT OU.... THAT IS 3 FULL YEARS.  We as Jets fans should know how important it is to take care off the ball after living through Sanchez, Geno, and 2nd year Fitz.  All in all who couldn't be happy with this kid?  We are the Jets and we rarely get nice things, don't complain about it.

Your 1 sentence saying that you “love it” on his in the field antics is where I (and most) big time differ than you. And he will get suspended doing those things in the NFL.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Your 1 sentence saying that you “love it” on his in the field antics is where I (and most) big time differ than you. And he will get suspended doing those things in the NFL.

There were several other sentences there.  But me loving it is a complete matter of opinion, but I really don't see him getting suspended for any of these things.  So many other players do crazy antics in the pro's and nothing comes of it.  Rodgers flipping the bird on the field is on par with a crotch grab.  Baker chirps at opposing players, Brady chirps at his own coaches... which would you rather?  Anything short of a fistfight on the field usually doesn't result in suspension.  AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey tried to end each other ON the field and got like a 1 game suspension.  Not enjoying the antics i completely get, i even said that, but thinking they are going to have this huge negative effect and result in his suspension just seems far fetched considering the things we see on a play by play basis in this league.  Half of the DB's in this league break into a choreographed dance scene when they are in the general vicinity of an overthrown ball that they had nothing to do with. 

31 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

There were several other sentences there.  But me loving it is a complete matter of opinion, but I really don't see him getting suspended for any of these things.  So many other players do crazy antics in the pro's and nothing comes of it.  Rodgers flipping the bird on the field is on par with a crotch grab.  Baker chirps at opposing players, Brady chirps at his own coaches... which would you rather?  Anything short of a fistfight on the field usually doesn't result in suspension.  AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey tried to end each other ON the field and got like a 1 game suspension.  Not enjoying the antics i completely get, i even said that, but thinking they are going to have this huge negative effect and result in his suspension just seems far fetched considering the things we see on a play by play basis in this league.  Half of the DB's in this league break into a choreographed dance scene when they are in the general vicinity of an overthrown ball that they had nothing to do with. 

He’d 100% get suspended for grabbing his crotch and cursing at the opposing team. And the last time a player went to the opposing teams logo and showboated was TO I believe and that didn’t go well. They’d for sure be suspended in today’s nfl.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He’d 100% get suspended for grabbing his crotch and cursing at the opposing team. And the last time a player went to the opposing teams logo and showboated was TO I believe and that didn’t go well. They’d for sure be suspended in today’s nfl.

I don't think he is going to wind up at the other teams logo ever.  That is such a college type of thing.  I don't personally think he'd get suspended, maybe a small fine for either of those which i don't care about.

You clearly missed the point of my entire write up and just wanna debate Bakers actions ad nauseum.

Jameis Winston stole things, AND got accused of RAPE.... a GANG rape.  No one seemed to care, dude went #1 and hasn't been suspended yet.  Peyton Manning, who you might recognize from every commercial on TV, was accused of sexual misconduct, (as was Sanchez) and went on to be the face of the league.  Odell is a knucklehead on a daily basis and might garner 2 1st in a trade, Aaron Rodgers dropped in the draft due to his rep of being hard to get along with..... think some teams would have rather have tried to get along with him?  Honeybadger fell in the draft due to all sorts of red flags and drug "problems" hasn't been suspended yet.  The majority of suspensions come from drugs, which he has no history of, or beating women up which he has no history of.  If you don't like the antics i get it, that is fine.  But cut the kid some slack, he has done nothing serious ever.  Hell even if you think the kid can't play that is fine, none of us know how any of these guys will turn out, but dinging him on these small things seems like overkill.  

There i'm done debating the actions of a kid neither of us know at all from a few news reports and game clips.  All i know is the people around him the most at OU seem to love him, and that's good enough for me.  I don't need 32 teams to like him, just 1, the other 31 can be mad when we beat them as far as i am concerned.

Same buddy that told me about Sheldon's suspension just told me the Jets board currently looks like:

Darnold

Rosen

Allen

Mayfield

He also said that the Jets expect the Bills to trade with the Giants at #2 if Darnold goes #1. Been rumored that the Bills love Josh Allen so here is how I see the top 5 playing out:

Darnold

Allen

Rosen

Barkley

Mayfield

Based on the type of QBs we have drafted in the past (big QBs) I think this is a logical ranking for Mac. I love Mayfield and hope he is the pick but if there is one player I wouldn't mind having outside of him it is absolutely Rosen. Take it with a grain of salt because this is the same source who said that Rosen would fall. That was prior to the combine and pro days so I'm assuming the tune has changed with the interview processes. 

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

Same buddy that told me about Sheldon's suspension just told me the Jets board currently looks like:

Darnold

Rosen

Allen

Mayfield

He also said that the Jets expect the Bills to trade with the Giants at #2 if Darnold goes #1. Been rumored that the Bills love Josh Allen so here is how I see the top 5 playing out:

Darnold

Allen

Rosen

Barkley

Mayfield

Based on the type of QBs we have drafted in the past (big QBs) I think this is a logical ranking for Mac. I love Mayfield and hope he is the pick but if there is one player I wouldn't mind having outside of him it is absolutely Rosen. Take it with a grain of salt because this is the same source who said that Rosen would fall. That was prior to the combine and pro days so I'm assuming the tune has changed with the interview processes. 

How does this guy obtain this info?

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Can’t rule out Giants taking Rosen or Baker at #2 either. It feels a lot like last year when everyone stopped linking the Bears to Trubisky... there were rumblings they wanted every other player but him. 

Or the bills could have been blowing smoke the whole time about Allen so that no one suspects they want Rosen ... never know I would never tell anyone no matter who it was the truth at this point would pretty much leak that we liked everyone equally and hide the player I liked on a group of players that I saw slightly less often than the others 

I actually expect there will be 2 quarterbacks taken in top 5 but if Giants decide to trade out for any team to take Rosen then it screws up everything for Jets.

Anyway, I understand that Jets have yet to hire qb coach and Tom Clements remains unemployed. So if Jets take Rosen at #3 then Jets should hire Tom Clements as qb coach/asst HC.  Clements has law degree and a wealth of WCO knowledge.

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Best case scenario is Allen going 1. That leaves at least 2 of the top 3 QB's (IMO) at 3. My fear is that Darnold goes one, someone trades up for Rosen at 2, and Mac takes Allen at 3.

This is my biggest fear too. I also hope they take Mayfield over Allen at that point. In the last few days Allen has kind of grown on me too. He is almost the same thing as Big Ben.

50 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is my biggest fear too. I also hope they take Mayfield over Allen at that point. In the last few days Allen has kind of grown on me too. He is almost the same thing as Big Ben.

He is nowhere near the same as Big Ben right now. 

Archived