The can’t Sleep Mock

bosko1616

FA: Terrelle Pryor Sr. And EJ Gaines CB 

Joe Schobert Traded to the Saints for a 2nd. - Am I being unrealistic? yes  Will his happen ? no. But IMO he’s a JAG. Coming off a pro bowl year. due for a  new contract. Trade him now while his value is at a high. Move Peppers to WLB. Collins to MLB. And Kirksey to SLB. Then play Kindred at SS  that’s a lot of athleticism on the field at once and I think Peppers would probably excel there  

Major Holes QB,CB,LT,PR 

1. Sam Darnold QB - favorite QB prospect. Adaptable. Physically he’s built for the AFC North. Great Arm strength. One year on the bench will do wonders. We’ve finally found our guy. 

4. Bradley Chubb DE - what’s better then two super athletic DEs ? 3 of them. Some say he’s ogbah 2.0, some say he’s far superior. I’m with the later. He’s both athletic and technically sound. His motor is non stop. He’s our Joey Bosa. Pairing him with Ogbah and Garrett give us a top 5 Dline IMHO 

Trade Up from 33 to 30. Right in front of the Patriots. Give up 33,5th, and future 4th. Seems like a lot but it’s well worth it. 

30. Mike Mcglinchey T - with Solder gone I think he is all but certain going to the Patriots if he drops this far. I think he will drop not because of talent but because of an abundance of skill players. He rides the pine with Darnold to give us future anchor at LT. He’s not ready yet but he will be. Sorry I don’t think Hubbard is going to cut it at RT. We’ll move Coleman back or if he excels McGlinchey can play RT. 

35. Isaiah Oliver CB - I’m praying this dudes here he’s an absolute stud and a desperate upgrade over what we have now. 

62. Billy Price C/G - the future at C he’ll also sit a year. To give us a stacked OL for years to come 

64. Keryon Johnson RB - a tough runner. Well built. Played through some pretty serious injuries.i like him late for us. Future Johnson and Johnson law firm 

Love the Darnold pick, would prefer Barkley (if still available) or Ward in a trade down but I can live with Chubb.  Would really like it if Mike Mcglinchey was still available and we were able to get him.  Price, Oliver and Johnson are solid picks.  I'd be happy with this draft.

Peace!!!

I love pretty much everything you did.

Very interested in the idea of Peppers at WLB and Kindred at SS.

EJ Gaines and Terrell Pryor would take this from a good offseason to a great one IMO.

Darnold, Chubb and McGlinchey would be perfect IMO

Oliver and Price would be awesome too.  I would prefer Penny if hes there at 65, but we need a RB so I can't complain.

I would be thrilled if this happened...

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

How did we get #65 back? I'm going to assume you meant #64. Also why not keep Schobert? He is a probowler on this team. We have plenty of cap space to sign him. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Personally I think Schobert is a JAG and could easily be replaced. His value is high so we capatolize. Why sign a JAG when that money could go toward other players

If you could get a 2nd for Joe Schobert then we should make you the GM

Also Kirksey would get washed out at SLB. I think you'd be better off just playing him at WLB, Collins as Mike and then have Peppers move around as a SS/LB piece 

I also think Mike McGlinchey is as RT in the pros. Its a rough year for OTs

16 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

If you could get a 2nd for Joe Schobert then we should make you the GM

If you think getting a 2nd for a pro bowl linebacker who’s under his rookie deal for 2 more years is impressive, check this out.  One time, this GM traded a 33 year old PUNTER for a 4th.  Amazing right?  What kind of moron fires that guy???

Also Kirksey would get washed out at SLB. I think you'd be better off just playing him at WLB, Collins as Mike and then have Peppers move around as a SS/LB piece 

Agreed.

I also think Mike McGlinchey is as RT in the pros. Its a rough year for OTs

Apparently ND coaches do as well.

22 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

FA: Terrelle Pryor Sr. And EJ Gaines CB 

Joe Schobert Traded to the Saints for a 2nd. - Am I being unrealistic? yes  Will his happen ? no. But IMO he’s a JAG. Coming off a pro bowl year. due for a  new contract. Trade him now while his value is at a high. Move Peppers to WLB. Collins to MLB. And Kirksey to SLB. Then play Kindred at SS  that’s a lot of athleticism on the field at once and I think Peppers would probably excel there  

Major Holes QB,CB,LT,PR 

1. Sam Darnold QB - favorite QB prospect. Adaptable. Physically he’s built for the AFC North. Great Arm strength. One year on the bench will do wonders. We’ve finally found our guy. 

4. Bradley Chubb DE - what’s better then two super athletic DEs ? 3 of them. Some say he’s ogbah 2.0, some say he’s far superior. I’m with the later. He’s both athletic and technically sound. His motor is non stop. He’s our Joey Bosa. Pairing him with Ogbah and Garrett give us a top 5 Dline IMHO 

Trade Up from 33 to 30. Right in front of the Patriots. Give up 33,5th, and future 4th. Seems like a lot but it’s well worth it. 

30. Mike Mcglinchey T - with Solder gone I think he is all but certain going to the Patriots if he drops this far. I think he will drop not because of talent but because of an abundance of skill players. He rides the pine with Darnold to give us future anchor at LT. He’s not ready yet but he will be. Sorry I don’t think Hubbard is going to cut it at RT. We’ll move Coleman back or if he excels McGlinchey can play RT. 

35. Isaiah Oliver CB - I’m praying this dudes here he’s an absolute stud and a desperate upgrade over what we have now. 

62. Billy Price C/G - the future at C he’ll also sit a year. To give us a stacked OL for years to come 

64. Keryon Johnson RB - a tough runner. Well built. Played through some pretty serious injuries.i like him late for us. Future Johnson and Johnson law firm 

Hate it.

1. Sam Darnold is great. Keep it.

2. Bradley Chubb is overrated as hell. Calling him a super athletic player is a mistake. He's got a great motor for sure, but a great athlete he is not. I don't care how he timed at the combine. His tape shows me a dude with limited ability to rip around the edge.

3. Mike McGlinchey can't play LT. He's routinely beat by speed rushers badly. He has to play RT, where I expect him to be merely average. There is no OT worth taking in the 1st round. I'd say we shouldn't draft an OT at all until at least round 4.

4. Oliver is fine. Haven't watched him yet, but he seems like a fit schematically from what I've heard.

5. We don't need a C. We won't draft a C.

6. Kerryon Johnson sucks. Remember when Cadillac Williams got hurt? Injured Cadillac Williams is Kerryon Johnson.

Joe Schobert trade: Terrible. He's not  great, but we don't need to be trading away solid starters right now...especially ones that are 24 freaking years old.

Terrelle Pryor & EJ Gaines signings: Great. I'd love this.

Trade up for Mike McGlinchey: Just murder my soul.

Archived