Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

On 1/7/2018 at 5:12 PM, Dashing202 said:

How good is he ??‍♂️?haven't watched Carolina a lot this year .

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think it'll be all about money for Cousins.  They'll have to pitch him on staying.  Go to him and say, hey look we're gonna go out and sign a legit #1 WR for you in FA this year.  We're gonna fix the LG position to protect you even if we have to spent a first or second round pick on one.  Appeal to his legacy too.  Talk to him about staying with one organization his whole career.  Talk to him about how he knows he can succeed in Gruden's system, but how going anywhere else there's always the unknown.  His family lives here and has a home, and how he'd have to upend them to move them across the country.  Heck bring in some of his teammates, have team leaders like Trent Williams tell him how they don't want him to leave.  There's so much you can pitch him on other than just money.

Kirk probably wants to hear that stuff and that the franchise is dead set on building a running game like the Saints did for Brees and they want to focus on building a championship level defense so the team can be a championship contender.

Lets be honest, until the Redskins have a top 10 defense they’re not going to win playoff games. Having a good to great defense is so important to winning in the nfl and we haven’t had that in a decade.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:52 PM, lavar703 said:

If Kirk leaves I'm starting to think we should use our free agent dollars on Andrew Norwell. If the panthers let him walk that's who I'm going after with big money. 

I don’t want to overpay for a guard, even if he’s great. I’d rather use that $ on a top WR to put opposite Doctson so Doctson doesn’t have to get covered by #1 corners anymore.

We can draft an OG or re-sign Long or sign another FA guard like who’s at that level.

Use the cap space on WR & defense.

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Can't run the ball? They were 4th in rushing. I guess your comment takes into effect 36% of those yards were Cam's ? 

Correct.  They don't do very well when handing the ball to RBs.  Obviously Norwell is only one part of that 5 man line though.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:52 PM, lavar703 said:

If Kirk leaves I'm starting to think we should use our free agent dollars on Andrew Norwell. If the panthers let him walk that's who I'm going after with big money. 

I seriously doubt we spend big money on a free agent LG.  We have so much of our cap already tied into TWill and Moses, plus Scherff isn't cheap and will be getting even more expensive soon.  I think its more likely we target a legit #1 WR.  

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I seriously doubt we spend big money on a free agent LG.  We have so much of our cap already tied into TWill and Moses, plus Scherff isn't cheap and will be getting even more expensive soon.  I think its more likely we target a legit #1 WR.  

I rather skip free agency and draft instead . 2019 FA class will be better . I do how ever want Poe to be our NT .

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think you see a guy like Norwell hit free agency very often and that's why I'd do it. We paid a bunch of money to Lauvao and he sucks. Why not sign a LG that is actually really good? 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I don't think you see a guy like Norwell hit free agency very often and that's why I'd do it. We paid a bunch of money to Lauvao and he sucks. Why not sign a LG that is actually really good? 

We didn’t pay Lauvao very much money.

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, typical national reporter just blurting out nonsense. I do have to say the Browns have built themselves quite a front office - at least on the surface - with the hiring of John Dorsey, Alonzo Highsmith and now Elliot Wolf. I’d kill for just one of the 3 instead of Bruce Allen.

Archived