We still have the most cap space

Aztec Hammer

It also means we consistently have not tried to be competitive hence the abomination they field each Sunday. 

All teams need certain amount for rookies, so all cap numbers minus that.

Browns a very long way from being even competitive.  I mean we just fielded a worst ever historical team.

4 minutes ago, GongKong said:

It also means we consistently have not tried to be competitive hence the abomination they field each Sunday. 

All teams need certain amount for rookies, so all cap numbers minus that.

Browns a very long way from being even competitive.  I mean we just fielded a worst ever historical team.

No, we fielded a "bad" team with a QB who shouldn't have had his first start until like 2021.  The team LAST YEAR was a competent QB away from winning 6 games.  

14 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

No, we fielded a "bad" team with a QB who shouldn't have had his first start until like 2021.  The team LAST YEAR was a competent QB away from winning 6 games.  

No it wasnt. That's hilariously awful positivity . They are a terrible team. Have been since 1990. Complete mess.

Some hope with Dorsey so far. Will see the rest but they will struggle to win 4 games this year. Struggle. That's a bad team.

13 minutes ago, GongKong said:

No it wasnt. That's hilariously awful positivity . They are a terrible team. Have been since 1990. Complete mess.

Some hope with Dorsey so far. Will see the rest but they will struggle to win 4 games this year. Struggle. That's a bad team.

I didnt realize 6 wins was "good"

We still need to spend money in FA.  Also, it will be nice to have a nest egg to pick up any players cut before the season starts.

For FA, there is still a couple of good S available.  Also, Pryor and or another WR!  I still think we need another D lineman.

I believe there is a certain number that the Browns HAVE to spend per NFL rules.

12 minutes ago, #32 said:

I believe there is a certain number that the Browns HAVE to spend per NFL rules.

I remember asking about this before but there was no straight answer from anyone.  

I wanted to know what is the most we could spend on the cap this year, while being able to carry over the maximum (or something to that effect)

Essentially, what is the minimum amount we would have to spend THIS year so that none of the cap spaces is wasted for future years.

At this point it's probably time to extend a couple guys.

55 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I remember asking about this before but there was no straight answer from anyone.  

I wanted to know what is the most we could spend on the cap this year, while being able to carry over the maximum (or something to that effect)

Essentially, what is the minimum amount we would have to spend THIS year so that none of the cap spaces is wasted for future years.

Ya, I remember this was kicked around and the number $56mm sticks in my head.

If my memory is anywhere near correct, we probably already hit or are bumping up against that.

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

It’s not actually a cap floor, it’s a cash spent floor avgd over a couple years.  So signing bonuses, dead cap, etc counts towards that floor.

3 hours ago, duke2056 said:

I didnt realize 6 wins was "good"

There were not getting 6 wins last year. With all the moves they won't get it this year. 

It's crazy talk. They are a horrid team. I listen to those here saying yeah but there is talent. I say actually there is little to no talent hence the horrid nature of wins losses in actuality.

Browns are historically bad. Not just normal they suck. Abomination bad.

All the cap room every single year and all the draft picks every single year lead to the same outcome 0 to 4 wins. 6 wins is damn near a parade.

This team needs to get to 8 and 8 before any conversation of talent, wins, not being an abomination. 

Archived