2018 Prospect Visits, Workouts and Interviews

KingTitan

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

My thing with Sims is this -- when has the guy gotten beaten like a drum? Every corner gives up catches, plays and TDs. But (unless I'm mistaken), he's yet to go out there like McCain and just get completely worked by someone. For a mid-round pick who's entering his 3rd year...what more do you want?

Yeah. Don't know if I'm looking more from my two tone glasses lol. 

I don't see the need and barely the roster spot for an 1st round corner.  Would be very interested in the justfiation of such a pick

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Don't know if I'm looking more from my two tone glasses lol. 

I don't see the need and barely the roster spot for an 1st round corner.  Would be very interested in the justfiation of such a pick

I'll be unhappy with a 1st round corner, but it's so unlikely to me. We just invested in Ryan, Jackson and Butler in the past 12 months.

I'm of the mindset "the more corners the merrier," but I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't draft one. I'd like to snag another safety because FA is allergic to them this year

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'll be unhappy with a 1st round corner, but it's so unlikely to me. We just invested in Ryan, Jackson and Butler in the past 12 months.

I'm of the mindset "the more corners the merrier," but I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't draft one. I'd like to snag another safety because FA is allergic to them this year

If we're talking early I could see Justin Reid being that guy. He'd be a real nice pairing with Byard. They can both play FS or SS. Reid would give us a guy to play SS that wasn't a one dimensional run support guy like Cyp, but could actually cover TEs, RBs, slot WRs, etc. Who knows how they feel about Cyp at SS (I'm guessing better than I ever have) but we'll see.

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

If we're talking early I could see Justin Reid being that guy. He'd be a real nice pairing with Byard. They can both play FS or SS. Reid would give us a guy to play SS that wasn't a one dimensional run support guy like Cyp, but could actually cover TEs, RBs, slot WRs, etc. Who knows how they feel about Cyp at SS (I'm guessing better than I ever have) but we'll see.

My thing is Pees has consistently had safeties like Cyp, who can thump. Rodney Harrison, Bernard Pollard and Tony Jefferson are a few off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I thought ya'll knew our first two picks were going to be CB and WR again. :)

I have a feeling there will be a lot of "confused" Titans fans because of the draft picks. 

Seems like there always is every draft lol 

This one will be no different I'm sure.

44 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Could be a way that Robinson thinks too.

If JRob drafts the way he has in the past. Only picking guys he works out privately or visit the facility. Maybe he doesn't think there is a front 7 guy worth the #25 pick. He sure is bringing in a lot of DBs and WRs.

On 4/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, SerenityNow said:

Ronnie Harrison much better fit, 3rd best safety in the draft. He’s big, long, physical, a ball hawk interchangeable. He can play single high or near line of scrimmage & can blitz. Him & byard to me reminds me of chancellor & Thomas 

19 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Could be a way that Robinson thinks too.

Could be, but I think if history is any indicator, he very much emphasizes the importance of filling needs. I think I remember him calling out OL as a big need the first time around, then went on to move back up for Conklin. Second year he mentioned the skill positions, mainly the WR and CB, being of need and he went and focused on that.

I think you can argue that the state of the roster wasn't all that good when he got the job, with obvious areas of concerns. That's not really the case anymore, and I'm not sure I ever saw him this offseason discuss any particular need, linebackers (both pass rushers and inside backers) being what comes to mind, so maybe we will get to see a different philosophy this time around, with a focus on value and talent.

48 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Could be, but I think if history is any indicator, he very much emphasizes the importance of filling needs. I think I remember him calling out OL as a big need the first time around, then went on to move back up for Conklin. Second year he mentioned the skill positions, mainly the WR and CB, being of need and he went and focused on that.

I think you can argue that the state of the roster wasn't all that good when he got the job, with obvious areas of concerns. That's not really the case anymore, and I'm not sure I ever saw him this offseason discuss any particular need, linebackers (both pass rushers and inside backers) being what comes to mind, so maybe we will get to see a different philosophy this time around, with a focus on value and talent.

Also keep in mind the past 2 drafts we had a lot of Ammo from the rams trade, therefore we could get needs & best player. I for one believe in addressing your needs in FA & attacking the draft best player. 

Archived