Chris Long: Deal reworked but he isn't sure if he's done or not :/

Kiltman

So reports that they reworked Long's deal came out

But then reports came out that it hasn't officially been finalized and Long could decide to retire

We still have one of the best group of DEs in the league if he does hang it up...but it'd be nice to have him along to try and repeat

Yeah I didn’t expect to see this reasoning for the hold up in committing to come back for 2018. If he does call it quits or request a release to go elsewhere, I’m just glad he helped to bring a Lombardi home. He made some key plays this season. he would fit in fine with our current rotation, it’s just too bad he’s apparently not convinced of that. 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Seems to be here for two more years now?

From what I heard, he was considering retirement for "football decisions". The Eagles reworked his contract and sweetened it a bit. Basically just guaranteeing him the money this year and some next year? 

I really don't know what changed. He seemed hung up on some football problem. Playing time, whatever, I dunno. But seemed content on playing under the contract. Odd. I'd like to know the whole story. 

41 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

From what I heard, he was considering retirement for "football decisions". The Eagles reworked his contract and sweetened it a bit. Basically just guaranteeing him the money this year and some next year? 

I really don't know what changed. He seemed hung up on some football problem. Playing time, whatever, I dunno. But seemed content on playing under the contract. Odd. I'd like to know the whole story. 

It’s strange, I wonder if he’s worried he’ll be the 5th or 6th guy for 3rd down now.

he also was close to retiring the year he ended up going to the pats. Decided to try and get a ring and now has 2.

i wonder if he was thinking about trying to go someplace else to get some more time/reps but still compete.

Archived