2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

This is one of my 1st years I'm not big time scouting the WR class. Bc Enunwa and Anderson have shown talent and I'm rather confident that we make a good signing in FA. There's a good amount of very talented WRs hitting the market. Really none deserving of the franchise tag, but still borderline #1 type WRs. (Allen Robinson, Alshon Jeffrey, Jarvis Landry, Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, Sammy Watkins).

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This is one of my 1st years I'm not big time scouting the WR class. Bc Enunwa and Anderson have shown talent and I'm rather confident that we make a good signing in FA. There's a good amount of very talented WRs hitting the market. Really none deserving of the franchise tag, but still borderline #1 type WRs. (Allen Robinson, Alshon Jeffrey, Jarvis Landry, Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, Sammy Watkins).

Why not Role with Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse as our top 3? Would be fine plus I believe we have to pay Q this year(maybe pushed to next year due to injury) and Anderson next year. That trio is solid and we have 2 young guys to develop in the wings in Stewart and Hansen.

Every year, people always say WR class is deep but Jets got Stewart the slot and Hansen the outside last year. Jets don't need to pursue WR in order to have a number one WR on the roster.  It is a quarterback that makes WR his top target. Whoever is it.  Stay away from WR for first 3 rounds would be smart move for Jets the qb-less.

27 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Why not Role with Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse as our top 3? Would be fine plus I believe we have to pay Q this year(maybe pushed to next year due to injury) and Anderson next year. That trio is solid and we have 2 young guys to develop in the wings in Stewart and Hansen.

I said before his injury that Enunwa while a good WR isn’t a #1. I also see Anderson as rally just a deep threat. A legit other option is needed. Kearse isn’t anything special. But yes he will be on this team next season. And we can’t say a word about Stewart or Hanson bc they don’t play. Which means they’re not good enough to get snaps. It works for all positions... you guys want to bash Hack for not being ready and that’s why he doesn’t play. But for a WR it’s just that they’ll be fine and need to develop. It’s the same for all positions and QB is the hardest to gage. Enunwa won’t cost much bc he was injured all season. Like I said in my mock... that’s probably a blessing in disguise to save us money. Bc he would’ve probably cost us 50% more than what we will give him in the offseason if he was healthy and our #1 all season. Any one of the FA I mentioned will big time help whoever is at qb next season and the year to come. We’re so God awful bc of how much we neglect the offense with top talent. We can’t think we have a competitive team with a 6th Round WR and UDFA WR as our 2 best options. Both of their stats are inflated bc if our team. Enunwa got good action last season bc we were so bad and down in games. Same goes for Robby this season. While I think They raw bott good talents and want them here for years. They’re not#1 type e WRd. And there’s a 1/2 dozen guys who will hit FA that are more talented then both of them. With cap space we should sign one. Making that a legit WR group. FA WR, Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart and Hanson is a good WE group. And the last 2 have no holding power on our roster.

Connor Williams opts for NFL.   two problems with him

Few scouts had low opinions of him entering this season as he tried to improve his scouting stock. He blew his knee.  It requires extra extra study on him to determine whether or not he is a legit T at next level. Not just an OT.

He opted for no surgery.  Damn.  Look at Andrew Luck's shoulder.  Is it worth top 10 money?

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Connor Williams opts for NFL.   two problems with him

Few scouts had low opinions of him entering this season as he tried to improve his scouting stock. He blew his knee.  It requires extra extra study on him to determine whether or not he is a legit T at next level. Not just an OT.

He opted for no surgery.  Damn.  Look at Andrew Luck's shoulder.  Is it worth top 10 money?

He's the best OT in the class, wouldn't be close if he played the whole season. Reminds me of prime Joe Staley

Archived