2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

44 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Brett Favre  but he is the exception not the status quo 

Dan Marino.  76 TD - 69 int,  57% over 4 years.

Russell Wilson at 60.9, thanking to a whopping 72 percent in his senior year.

Matthew Stafford reached 61 in junior but 57 over 3 years.

Now, it is safe to say we are really clueless when it comes to qb discussion. lol

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Left tackle has been just fine this season. Beachum has been solid. Could we use a project LT behind him? Sure, not a high priority imho. Ditto Claiborne. If we can re-sign him, I don't think we need to spend an early pick on a CB. Also, if Claiborne leaves I wouldn't be surprised if Maccagnan kicked the tires on Richard Sherman again. I think it was Mike Garofalo who reported last weekend that the Jets were talking about Sherman when the Richardson trade went down. We wound up getting Kearse and a 2nd instead, but maybe the interest in Sherman will remain. He could be a buy-low candidate coming off his Achilles'  injury. I totally agree on quarterback and edge rusher as the team main areas of need, though I also think we need another young RB.

There is plenty of time for the Jets to ' love' several other college QB's between now and the draft. Chances are, the first guy they fall for is not the last guy they fall for.

I'm just glad the first guy isn't Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield. I hope one of those two guys winds up being the last guy they fall for.

Yeah LT has been solid I suppose.  I'm not giving Claiborne a long term deal or big money.  Maybe we bring him back on team friendly deal but I prefer a guy I can count on and he just can't stay healthy.  He's never played a full 16 games.  I prefer to let Jones and Robinson play more.  CB is more of a slot replacement for Skrine who is likely gone.  Roberts is a nice 4th CB to keep around.  QB and pass rusher are obvious needs, I think we can all agree on that.

The Allen love came from a quote by a ND assistant coach or something saying the Jets are spending the most time looking at him.  We should be looking at him hard and all the other QB's as well so it's really a stretch saying we love him.  More so that we are going to be looking hard at him and all the other QB's. 

Jackson is still my guy.  

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Now, how about another Josh Allen?

I remember Jets had put some serious thought of taking Leonard Floyd few years ago. He could be one of top targets once he comes out? No?

He's a guy I'd target in a trade back scenario Landry, Key, Chubb, and Ferrell are Rush guys I'd take ahead of him

8 hours ago, Dr.O said:

False if we didn't have Williams we would still Have Sheldon, Wilk is the one that forced us to pull out from keeping Snacks. Wilk was coming off All-Pro Caliber seasons and played the more important position and role, plus Snacks only played a little over 50% of the snaps on defense.

Snacks was ALL PRO LAST YEAR, which meant he was one of the best 4 D lineman in the NFL. Looks like another Mac #^*% ups. Could you imagine if he played 100% of the plays, he would all world.

41 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Snacks was ALL PRO LAST YEAR, which meant he was one of the best 4 D lineman in the NFL. Looks like another Mac #^*% ups. Could you imagine if he played 100% of the plays, he would all world.

He's playing in a different scheme where he's playing close to 70%+ of snaps, he wasn't going to play over Sheldon or Williams in pass rushing situations. Let it go at the time it was the right move at the time. Can't use hindsight

9 hours ago, Dr.O said:

He's playing in a different scheme where he's playing close to 70%+ of snaps, he wasn't going to play over Sheldon or Williams in pass rushing situations. Let it go at the time it was the right move at the time. Can't use hindsight

Why he can't play with them, nothing wrong with a four man line?

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Why he can't play with them, nothing wrong with a four man line?

We don't have enough speed  running 3DTs in 4man sets reason why we didn't have a good pass rush last year with Wilk, Sheldon, and Williams who are superior pass rushers than Snacks. 

QB class is going to be difficult to figure out.  So far, I think they may end up

*** Return to NCAA.

Jason Stidham

Sam Darnold

Jake Browning

Kelly Bryant

Will Grier

**** 1st Round

Lamar Jackson

Bayer Mayfield

Clayton Thorson

Josh Rosen

**** 2nd Round

Ryan Finley

Kurt Benkert

Josh Allen

Mike White

Drew Lock

**** 3rd Round

Mason Rudolph

Riley Ferguson

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Rosen is still my favorite, but I still wouldn't mind J.Allen. With Morton's offense, I think Allen would be a great fit. 

If there was some how, some way we can acquire Rosen that’s the avenue I want to take.

ill give up the 2019 first, but it depends on where we are drafting 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If there was some how, some way we can acquire Rosen that’s the avenue I want to take.

ill give up the 2019 first, but it depends on where we are drafting 

I would to. I wouldn't mind a trade up for the right QB. It's time to get our guy. 

Archived