2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Just imagine, I repeat, Just imagine that Josh Rosen, Jarrett Stidham and Sam Darnold returned to NCAA next year and the 2019 draft stock would consist of Darnold, Rosen, Stidham and Nathan Stanley. Would you skip qb for another year or what?

And think of how bad this years QB class would be if they all returned. Allen probably as the top QB? That's pretty bad.

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Just imagine, I repeat, Just imagine that Josh Rosen, Jarrett Stidham and Sam Darnold returned to NCAA next year and the 2019 draft stock would consist of Darnold, Rosen, Stidham and Nathan Stanley. Would you skip qb for another year or what?

Yes. If we end up with Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson I won’t be feeling good at all.

https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites.php

Marcus Davenport is there. Very good chance that he is going to be top 10 prospect if he stands out in Mobile. Maccagnan don't usually go after small school prospects until 5th or 6th round. Brandon Brooks was only FCB prospect that went earlier than 5th round (3rd) for Texans but he was a freak who ran 4.99 40 yard dash at 346 pounds on pro day.  Davenport is clearly a freak in a physical standpoint.  I feel like he could do 1.45 in 10 yard.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, JetsandI said:

Someone told me Josh Rosen may stay with UCLA.  If true.  WTF?

That could very well be true, his parents are both highly educated, and his father is a spine surgeon, and was on Obama short list for Surgeon General. With Jewish people education comes first, than sports.

Oklahoma vs Georgia

Alabama vs Clemson

If Mayfield manages to have strong performances against Georgia and either Alabama or Clemson then he will be hot commodity after Top 10.  Jets are slightly above 10th.  Jets need to win few games to make this pick sound reasonable.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Oklahoma vs Georgia

Alabama vs Clemson

If Mayfield manages to have strong performances against Georgia and either Alabama or Clemson then he will be hot commodity after Top 10.  Jets are slightly above 10th.  Jets need to win few games to make this pick sound reasonable.

I still think we gun for Cousins, if we miss out on him we'll resign McCown and look towards the draft. I'd be on board for Mayfield at any point in the first.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Oklahoma vs Georgia

Alabama vs Clemson

This should be a good test for Mayfield. Georgia has a strong defense. He had good games against Ohio St and Texas who have good defenses. But it will good to see him again against a tough defense. 

Archived