2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Anyone have thoughts on Porter Gustin  OLB from USC? Seems like the type of Edge we like, big physical and stout against the run, looks like a decent Pass rusher too.

I had him in my mock a month ago. I agree, he seems like the type of LB we like. If we draft him, hopefully one of him, Donahue, and Mauldin can step into the role opposite of Jenkins.

I think he can be a versatile edge, maybe in the mold of a Calvin Pace. 

7 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Agreed on Barkley but given his statement I'd have to imagine he has us signing Cousins to address QB.

We're acting like this is an easy signing to make. Other teams have cap room. Also still a chance Gruden gets him to stay.

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

What are the odds that we can land either Jackson or Mayfield, AND either Barkley or Love, with our first two picks?

Then, we can address edge rusher with our second pick in Round 2, and we can address the O-line, corner in free agency. 

0.0 Maybe Love if we trade up which would be #dumb

1 hour ago, K-Ro 25 said:

We're acting like this is an easy signing to make. Other teams have cap room. Also still a chance Gruden gets him to stay.

I'm not saying it will be easy but I think we will be an attractive area for him come FA. I don't see him wanting to stay in Washington which means highest bidder and where would he want to play.

12 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm not saying it will be easy but I think we will be an attractive area for him come FA. I don't see him wanting to stay in Washington which means highest bidder and where would he want to play.

He's going to command the highest contract in history. Not worth it and even then I doubt we're the most attractive destination.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We have too many wins to draft guys like Rosen, Darnold or Barkley. We have to switch our attention elsewhere. OT is a spot I can see ya targeting. Edge rusher certainly as well. Depending on what we do in FA even CB could be possible.

No No No. No No No. No more avoiding QB

10 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

He's going to command the highest contract in history. Not worth it and even then I doubt we're the most attractive destination.

Unless you think a rookie will win us a SB in the next 3 years (rookies need to wait 3 years before they can renegotiate) we will need to pay a QB at some point. At which point the contract for those players will be higher than whatever Cousins signs for now. We might as well sign the one with top 5 stats in a time period where we have no other high priced players.

7 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Unless you think a rookie will win us a SB in the next 3 years (rookies need to wait 3 years before they can renegotiate) we will need to pay a QB at some point. At which point the contract for those players will be higher than whatever Cousins signs for now. We might as well sign the one with top 5 stats in a time period where we have no other high priced players.

The best way to build a team is to draft a QB and spend on other positions while they're on a rookie deal. Paying him top NFL money handcuffs our future.

Archived