1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think we have the perfect set up for Cousins

1. Coach who prefers to play a vet

2. Balanced offense he won’t have to carry

3. Defense to support him

4. Money to build around him

5. High enough draft pick to add some complementary pieces

6. Money to pay him

I think he’d love to come here and play. Especially if we can add a couple more pieces on offense.

TavenBryan_phedl9.jpg

Taven Bryan.  The words say he is comparable to JJ Watts in terms of athleticism and size for DL.  I know it is hard to tell but this picture suggests his arm length is no more than 32 ish.  Watts is 34.  What do you think?  31, 32, 33, 34?

The reason I ask is Martez Ivey.  He is lanky and long.  Bryan is bigger but shorter.  Need to estimate Ivey's arm length well.

51 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

TavenBryan_phedl9.jpg

Taven Bryan.  The words say he is comparable to JJ Watts in terms of athleticism and size for DL.  I know it is hard to tell but this picture suggests his arm length is no more than 32 ish.  Watts is 34.  What do you think?  31, 32, 33, 34?

The reason I ask is Martez Ivey.  He is lanky and long.  Bryan is bigger but shorter.  Need to estimate Ivey's arm length well.

Taven is nothing like JJ lol the comp was from a trash Bleacher report article. I would take a shot on him in the 4th/5th as we're very likely to move on from Mo and will need to find a replacement 

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He doesn’t need it but Morton uses all of his running backs much like Payton does in Nawlins with Kamara, Ingram and I forget the other guy

but yeah...ha!

idk what that was about

He is a feature RB that doesn't need a stinkin platoon partner.   If you want to run RB committee then Barkley the top 5 is really reallly bad idea.

23 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Taven is nothing like JJ lol the comp was from a trash Bleacher report article. I would take a shot on him in the 4th/5th as we're very likely to move on from Mo and will need to find a replacement 

Cbssport and BR are the same? I didn't know that.  He challenges for 1st round money. Zero chance for Jets.

50 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He is a feature RB that doesn't need a stinkin platoon partner.   If you want to run RB committee then Barkley the top 5 is really reallly bad idea.

We probably aren’t even picking top 10. 

I do agree though, if we drafted him and they are still running Powell on early downs then it’s pointless.

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

What I want vs what the Jets do isn't the discussion for one. Two, teams rarely utilize 1 RB anymore but I'm sure SB would get most of the load as the season progresses but we prefer keeping our backs fresh and not wearing them out. Powell/McGuire are both good, Barkley adds another dimension potentially.

I really hope Josh Allen plays in the potato bowl against Central Michigan. They actually have one of the best defenses in the MWC (I know, not saying much) and I'd like to see if Allen/the offense can get up to speed with the added time off. 

Many will make the comparison, but he's not what Hackenberg was... Hack's primary issue was footwork and process. His internal clock was destroyed during sophomore/junior seasons, and the primary gamble was on his traits and intangibles. I was and still am a fan of taking the risk the way we did, but I think the way things panned out (completely revamped scheme/coaching staff) really didn't help. Hackenberg had already been learning his 4th scheme in 4 years entering his rookie year, and while he barely had significant reps, he was then asked to learn his 5th scheme in 5 years. That lack of continuity really effects a player, especially a QB, and while I wouldn't consider this to be the reason why he isn't a starter/2nd string, I think it has effected him. I wouldn't say he's a complete failure yet (only 22), but chances are he's more of a backup/late bloomer type then the kind of player you can rely on to be a franchise QB. I think he has a chance to be a Vinny Testaverde-like player. 

Josh Allen is more athletic than Hackenberg (a very good athlete in his own right), but it consistently shows on tape. Hack is more of a statue-pocket passer similar to Carson Palmer (just using best-case comparison), whereas Allen is constantly moving/alluding and will run quite a bit. Allen's throwing style is more Favre/Romo/Mahomes like than Hackenberg ever displayed; Hack was not one to make improvisational throws whereas  that is where Allen is best. Wyoming was never a dink-and-dunk team, which can be a positive, but it hurt Allen's statistical perception because there were never those "gimme" completions. He's constantly throwing into tight windows, but it doesn't excuse his play: he has learning to do and is still very raw. 

Where Hack and Allen are similar: how they went from young signal callers for talented veteran teams to becoming the veteran and trying to play at a higher level with less talented/less seasoned replacements. Still, Allen should have been better than he was.  

I do believe that Allen can surprise people in the NFL and I'm never one to look at stats as a determining factor of what a player will do in the NFL; it's usually bigger than that. While I would hesitate taking him in round 1, I'd be all for taking him round 2 if we didn't land a QB elsewhere. I always feel it's worth it to take risks on guys like this because if you hit, you REALLY hit (see Brett Favre). 

Archived